Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Was on the road with my brother's family and I asked to stop at a Kubota Dealer to have a look at the new models... at least new to me.

They had maybe 40+ tractors on a gravel lot and I stepped up to try out the seat in one after about 5 minutes of looking and a women came out and said I need to have a salesman with me and that kids are not allowed... I said OK... I would like to get pricing and she said the salesman is out on a call and would be back in an hour...

No big deal... just got back in the car and continued on.

I grew up in the car business and if we didn't let customers look at the inventory kids or no kids we might as well close the doors.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #2  
Wow! I wonder if they know how many sales they have lost and will loose becase of this policy!

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #3  
Not a bad move in my opinion. Little kids are always pickin boogers and wiping them on stuff. I don't know why they do it but I always see them doing it. So gross. My school bus has boogers all over the back of the seats. Kudos to that dealer

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #4  
That is absolutely stupid!

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #5  
Not a bad move in my opinion. Little kids are always pickin boogers and wiping them on stuff. I don't know why they do it but I always see them doing it. So gross. My school bus has boogers all over the back of the seats. Kudos to that dealer

Are you 12?

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #6  
I'm sure it's a safety/insurance issue.

Noodles...your head is going to be hurting tomorrow. :laughing:

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #8  
I can see both sides of this issue. in this day and age I would not be surprised to see a dealership sued because some kid managed to get injured. Tractors are not kid safe.

Not sure when but some years back parents seem to have gotten the idea that they can let their kids run wild and then blame others when there is trouble. Not saying your kids or you do that but it is the trend and the dealer has to deal with it.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #9  
When my brother-in-law and I go to our dealerships, his grandson is usually along. Won't be too long before he is a partner in the operation and will be making the buying decision. Dealers here treat him well. First time I had him in a new tractor he said " Oh boy! A bucket seat. Riding with grandpa I am luck to sit on a bucket." I pointed out the power point on the RH side of the New Holland. The John Deeres we looked at had a power point on the RH side. Decision made. Can't plug in his iPod on a Deere.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #10  
I bet its not a policy, but rather at a grumpy old receptionist. I wonder how many deals she's killed.