Belarus tractors

/ Belarus tractors #11  
They were sold around here in the early-mid 90s'. Disappeared shortly after that. I wouldn't be interested.

/ Belarus tractors #12  
I find them at auctions I attend every now and then. They bring scrap value. They built such a bad reputation that one would think they would want a name change and back away from any ties to the past. Lots of companies have done it, thinking of Datsun reverting to their parent Nissan for one. Who even remembers the B-210s that rusted out in 2 years? Sure don't relate that to a Maxima. Even calling it a Minsk might break away from the Belarus taboo. How many Americans even know Minsk is the Capitol of Bearus?

/ Belarus tractors #13  
..the gears where kinda hard to find...

Like this?

image-679486857.jpg

That was by far the craziest gear pattern I've ever seen.

/ Belarus tractors #14  
We've run various Belarus tractors over the years all purchased s/h, the mosy recent is a Belarus 1770 185hp procured for just under .AUD$5K & have put around 1100hrs+ on it in c.17months - No breakdowns so far & only maintenance costs have been for oil & filter changes + $485 for a compressor & regass to fix the A/C & in total has now done 8364hrs which by my reckoning is a really good value machine.

Despite what the perception is, our experience is the c.150hp Belarus 4x4's from the 1980's/early 1990's are basic but very robust tractors - easy to work on ( as a product meant for the then Eastern Block countries most repairs are simple & conducted "in field") , parts can be made to fit &/or fabricated readily, & cheap to run ( as they tolerate most poor quality fuels & our Belarus tractors have always been run on a waste oil 30/70 diesel mix thereby saving $'s + the hassle of waste oil disposal.)

Sure there are some models of Belarus tractors where maybe the quality/design is "dubious" but the same can be said of almost any manufacturer including JD, MF, Case, NH, Cat.....etc

Would I buy another S/H Belarus ? You bet for the right price, if ever this 1770 & our other earlier model 1500 manages to wear out. Would I buy a new Belarus, not while you can continue to pick up these rare beasts at give away prices S/H.....IMO we'd take another ancient s/h Belarus/MTZ over any current new Chinese or Indian produced machine.

Attachments

• TBN 14042013 Belarus 1770.jpg
    TBN 14042013 Belarus 1770.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 3,277
Last edited:
   / Belarus tractors #15  
I'm curious as to the engines used in the past, and now. For example, Bosch injector pumps or something we've never heard of?
Who makes the engines? I know very little about Eastern Europe/Russian style engines.

/ Belarus tractors #16  
Gimpel, you should be more active in this conversation, since you started the thread. Being an active participant builds relationship with the people that you are trying to convince; it also shows that you are genuine about what you are asking. Otherwise, it just looks like a planted advertisement for Belarus.
A friend of mine had a 420A, and I spent a good bit of time scouring over it. He bought it real cheap, and it ran ok, but it was a risk to own. After looking over the designs of the tractor, I would have passed. Belarus may have come a long way, but that has to be proven, not trusted at the word of a new poster on MTF. And, personally, I bristle when a tractor with a questionable past is lauded over what is being offered by other foreign manufacturers, without any current history or proof of reliability.

/ Belarus tractors #17  
Peter,
would be in your best interests to respond, if only to say thanks for input.
You are showing a silk purse when most of us see a cow's ear.

/ Belarus tractors #18  
I have first hand experience with the bigger water cooled models. The others were made at another plant. I sold my first 2 for my money back after 5 years. I never bought them 4 resale value. I bought them because I needed a big heavy 4 wd loader tractor. When the dealer network vanished the value of a good working 80 hp was about 2500. But now theyre being exported and are about 3 times that.
Note
This is the only used 4 wd 80 or so hp tractor for under 10,000 you will see.
I now have Zetor tractors along with the 1 belarus.
Do what said in the other post and you will have a user friendly tractor.

/ Belarus tractors #19  
I see a few people willing to buy used ones at bargin prices but would any of you guys pay what they are asking for the new models. And I do not have any idea what that might be. I would guess that they have to be asking about the same as other lower tech imports if I can say that without getting stomped on.

/ Belarus tractors #20  
I had quite a bit of experience with 80-90hp size back in late 80's early 90's and apart from the engine the rest was terrible . You never knew which part would fail daily on them , Even on low houred (1-2000hr) tractors . And really very poor performers power wise. Even zetor were better :)
We had some belarus engines in swathers which were pretty good but they did jump around a lot and eat a lot of engine mounts .