Belarus tractors

/ Belarus tractors #21  
Years ago, I acquired a little Belarus approx. 20- 25hp 2 wd basically for my acreage, the dealer had installed power steering, and there was an issue with that but they happily rectified it. It had a little 2 cylinder air cooled engine and the fuel tank was larger than the engine, It never missed a beat, I remember cultivating the garden with an old 10 foot double disc and it just wouldn't quit had dirt coming over the top of the gangs and just kept on pulling! quite impressive, as well down pressure on 3 point was a handy feature. but I often wondered... Russia put the MIR space station up and it lasted longer in space than everyone anticipated, some leading edge technology there, but they just hadn't quite got to the point of a live PTO.
I sold that tractor and implements years ago to a friend of mine and long since moved away. But I did run into him a few years back and he kept that tractor for many trouble free years and had just sold it to someone else and he never had a minutes problem with it. Would I buy another? Perhaps, they are simple, tough, and a real mechanic can actually fix them, not just replace electronic modules etc.

Cheers

Roger

/ Belarus tractors #22  
Perhaps, they are simple, tough, and a real mechanic can actually fix them, not just replace electronic modules etc.

Roger

In order for them to sell today they would have to meet emissions which would mean electronic controls at the very least on the engine.

Looks like they use Bosch for fuel injection.

Minsk Tractor Works - Tractors

/ Belarus tractors #23  
Common real fuel feed

Hydraulic Sistem

interesting website...

Not sure they "get it".

Catterpillar tractors
now that's my favorite

/ Belarus tractors #25  
Common real fuel feed

Hydraulic Sistem

interesting website...

Not sure they "get it".

Catterpillar tractors
now that's my favorite

I was read reading that too
"Set for rear wheels doubling"

That is just translation issues. I repair machinery from the US, Germany, Japan, Italy, France among a few others. I also work with people from about 40 different countries (we hire a lot of refugees), sometimes translations are a real hoot. It is very hard to get it right 100% of the time. At times you can end up with some funny sentences and statements.

Of course all the people I deal with that know more than 1 language say English is by far the hardest. Our sentence structure and spelling is very different that most.

Are you going for parts, or do you need four parts. Is something minute, or will you be there in a minute. Of course you have all of the silent letters, ph sounds, etc.

/ Belarus tractors #26  
If they want to sell tractors in an international market they should hire people who can do a better job of translating then babblefish.

/ Belarus tractors #27  
I am wondering is you can get a 310 or 320, with front 3 pt, and/or down preasure on rear. Also I dont see much about tranny options. I am prehaps more open to the idea then most. If you had the right options (true shuttle/power reverser) and down preasure for the right price I could see buying one

/ Belarus tractors #28  
I think the new Zetors are electronics free engine controls. So there must be another way apart from computers and modules to control fuel systems and meet emissions.

/ Belarus tractors #29  
Hello gimpel,

I think the US in particular has shown a willingness to buy products from anywhere that are priced right and offer good value. If you can establish a reasonable dealer presence and offer the pricing you suggest I believe you will find buyers. Mahindra and Kioti have done it. LS is doing it right now. Even thinking back to the 1980's I remember seeing an awkward looking little orange tractor with Japanese writing and chain drive rear wheels for the first time, I think it was called a Kubota or something like that.:D

Speaking for myself I would not want to spend 20 or 30 thousands dollars without having someplace within reasonable distance that could offer both service in case of a serious warranty issues, and a supply of normal parts on hand.

/ Belarus tractors #30  
I think the new Zetors are electronics free engine controls. So there must be another way apart from computers and modules to control fuel systems and meet emissions.
Found this
Zetor 16-valve technology used on Forterra HSX maintains all-mechanical engine controls, but reduces fuel consumption by 10% and increases torque backup to almost 40%.
Excuse me if I am skeptical. Didn't we try mechanical engine controls in the the 80s!

A mechanical control can get dirt and wear. Maybe that is a good idea if you suffer from computer phobia.