Belarus tractors

/ Belarus tractors
Thanks everybody for remarks and ideas.
I don't working for Minsk Tractors Plant so this topic is not an advertisement.
There are a lot of different models being produced now and something has been changed since '80-s. The link to production line is at the JasG' post and there are correctly pointed out that translation is not right anywhere.
First, about our tractors. Exported models are equipped with electronic direct injection system from Bosch or Motorpal (Czech Republic) and meet Tier IIIA ecological requirements. Older models have mechanical injection of russian supplier or Motorpal. Engines can be from Minsk Engine Plant or (for 180 and more hp) Deutz.
Second, the question about spare parts. As INH and Jonh Deere tractors are selling widely in Russia, I know that the spare parts price is much higher than for Belarus. If we will present our tractors in the USA they will be supplied with all necessary parts.
It's clear that american market is one of the most difficult markets in the world and money-back practise (for example), so unusual in the CIS countries, is natural for americans.
Also Belarus tractors as brand name has restrictments to sell in USA because of 90-s some dark business relations between plant and its american dealer. There are some ways to avoid, but this is not the main question now.
I believe not only end-users read this forum but also the sellers. Your opinion is also very important for me.
If you have any questions, comments, conserns please do not hesitate to ask.
Regards, Peter.

Last edited:
   / Belarus tractors
paulharvey, I can't give advice you to buy 320 model now, it has some serious disadvantages in design. Pay attention to bigger model (if it is accessible now) as 800-series.

/ Belarus tractors #33  
Older thread but tractors from the Minsk plant in Belarus that we in N/A know as Belarus are now imported through MTZ Equipment Ltd. located in Canada with dealers in Canada/USA There was some sort of issue between the Belarus importers in Canada and the US with the Minsk plant from what I've heard and now they are being brought in by this company which I believe is an arm of Minsk Tractor works. They are called MTZ like they are in some other markets to get around not using the Belarus brand name.

They offer a whole line of tractors and plan to bring over the compact ones too down the road.

I don't understand the issues people are having with parts ... just google Belarus parts! There is several online companies in the USA and Canada that have parts plus jobber parts or dealers. I've had an 825 for 16 years really parts has never been an issue With out question its nothing fancy but it "works" and is a handy little loader tractor for around the farm. I bought mine used and of course got a good deal on it so bang for the buck at the time it was great. I had looked a long time for a 80hp MFD loader tractor with cab then ran across this 825.

Now though its getting a bit small ... well the Ezze On loader is as its been giving greif (welds breaking/cylinders bending)with the stuff I'm lifting. Not sure what I'm going to do be it a bigger/heavier loader or upgrade the tractor to something like 100hp model of some sort be what ever brand.

A New MTZ ... they've come a long way since those goofy ones they shipped over here in the 1970's!

MTZ%20952%20wLoader-02.jpg

/ Belarus tractors #34  
interesting info, thanks for posting.
Your comment about the US being the toughest market is interesting.
Is that because the expectations are higher here?
Is there a wider diversity of brands here, more competition?

If you could expand on how our market is viewed, I think lots of us would be interested.
thanks again.
and most importantly,
:welcome:

/ Belarus tractors #35  
Personally the thought of buying anything from Russia makes me laugh. Its bad enough we buy junk fro China, Russia too!

RUMBLON

Attachments

• stogiefacelarge[1].gif
    stogiefacelarge[1].gif
    49.2 KB · Views: 571
   / Belarus tractors #36  
Personally the thought of buying anything from Russia makes me laugh.

Now why would that be? Actually most come the Minsk plant located in Belarus. However the big articulated 4 wheel drive units were the Krovets which did come from Russia.

/ Belarus tractors #37  
Now why would that be? Actually most come the Minsk plant located in Belarus. However the big articulated 4 wheel drive units were the Krovets which did come from Russia.

MY response started out as " PERSONALLY" I have zero use for anyting Ruussian made.

/ Belarus tractors #38  
interesting info, thanks for posting.
Your comment about the US being the toughest market is interesting.
Is that because the expectations are higher here?
Is there a wider diversity of brands here, more competition?

If you could expand on how our market is viewed, I think lots of us would be interested.
thanks again.
and most importantly,
:welcome:

Yes, I'm also curious about how the US market is viewed, and how US products are viewed over there as well.
rScotty

/ Belarus tractors #39  
MY response started out as " PERSONALLY" I have zero use for anyting Ruussian made.

I think the point is that these tractors are not being made in Russia, but rather they're made in Belarus - which is a different country.

/ Belarus tractors #40  
Mike you make a good point, but I think most of us who have lived through the Cold War believe that anything East of Germany is Russia. Not so of course...

I will admit to a certain bias here, but only from personal experience. There is a large Russian population in my area.
They often drive German cars, do not use turn signals, smoke constantly with butts thrown everywhere, have a serious
"me first" attitude, and from what I have seen as a social group aren't very honest. Maybe it's the old world attitude towards their corrupt government, where anything goes if you can get away with it. A "gypsy" mentality?

When the roofing crooks came through our neighborhood after a storm and told folk they could get new roofs for free, they were the insurance experts..., and three of our neighbors were suckered in. Or welcomed them....two were Russian.
Broad brush smear? Sorry, I mean no offense to anyone. Just what I have seen with my own eyes. And I try to be as non judgmental as possible and give folks a chance. Are all Russians crooks? Of course not. Rumblon is simply stating his gut feelings, feelings which, like mine, I'm sure are fashioned after many years of observation, and let's face it, some serious spin by our government. The Belarus tractor folks would like all of this nasty political stuff of the past to just disappear. But many of us have long memories.

I hope this isn't too political, but the question was asked "why" and I think it has more to do with context than the mechanical quality of those tractors. Time will cure this, the current gen of youth probably thinks the Berlin Wall was a
historical note of the far past.

A good product with good distribution, good parts, and established dealers backed up with a really good warranty will
allow Belarus to succeed. It's up to them if they can pull it off.