Belarus tractors

/ Belarus tractors #51  
I've got a 1994 825. It's old, ugly, and I wear ear plugs even with the cab. Something is always wrong with it, but no major issues.

It's heavy, cheap horsepower. It sips fuel, and has generally been cheap to work on. Just finished mowing thick fescue, briars, and persimmon sprouts in rough steep ground. It burned less than 2 gallons per hour. The down pressure on the 3PH is awesome for drilling post holes.

I'd scrap that sucker in a heartbeat and get a new Deere, Kubota, or New Holland if I could, but poor folks have poor ways and it gets the job done.

Attachments

• image-390411338.jpg
    image-390411338.jpg
    782.4 KB · Views: 252
   / Belarus tractors #52  
I've got a 1994 825. It's old, ugly, and I wear ear plugs even with the cab. Something is always wrong with it, but no major issues.

It's heavy, cheap horsepower. It sips fuel, and has generally been cheap to work on. Just finished mowing thick fescue, briars, and persimmon sprouts in rough steep ground. It burned less than 2 gallons per hour. The down pressure on the 3PH is awesome for drilling post holes.

I'd scrap that sucker in a heartbeat and get a new Deere, Kubota, or New Holland if I could, but poor folks have poor ways and it gets the job done.

Hey it looks pretty good still!! I've seen some on lots and I scratch my head as the hr. meter says 1500 but they look like they've got 15,000 on!! Doors ripped off seat wrecked dents and so forth. I guess its like auto's some people can have them with 100K miles and they look new and some can have them with 50K and they are trash.

I like to wear these in the old Belarus if I'm in it for a long time, and other noiser equipment around the farm. Then I can listen to the radio :thumbsup:

mU3kRniDUq-KFNCbBpXTAjA.jpg

Yeah the down pressure on the 3pt is handy. When I 1st got my Valtra and was going to use the 3 pt. hitch I fooled around a while thinking something is wrong with this thing then remembered it doesn't have down pressure on the 3pt. :duh:.

/ Belarus tractors #53  
I gave mine a little too much down pressure drilling a corner post hole in some dry, hard clay. I guess I punched through the hard stuff, because when the auger bit, it bottomed out before I could lift it back up. Screwed in, but of course I couldn't reverse the PTO so no unscrewing it. Made a great anchor...

/ Belarus tractors #54  
I gave mine a little too much down pressure drilling a corner post hole in some dry, hard clay. I guess I punched through the hard stuff, because when the auger bit, it bottomed out before I could lift it back up. Screwed in, but of course I couldn't reverse the PTO so no unscrewing it. Made a great anchor...

I don't think the 825's have ground drive pto option do they. Hmm I'd have to check on that but if they do one could then shift in ground drive jack up a rear wheel and spin it so the pto goes in reverse. I've heard of guys unplugging big tractor driven grain augers like that.

Ran across this video .... good grief I count 39 round bales this guy is hauling with a little ole Belarus/mtz Hard to believe it but there is 100,000's of these old 800/900 seriers tractors still work'n around the world outside of N/A.

Tractor + 2 Wagons 39 round bales

Last edited:
   / Belarus tractors #55  
I think it may actually have ground drive PTO option. Seems like you can remove a plate in floor of cab and change it. Not positive on that though, I'd have to look at the book. I just dug around it until the 3PH was able to pull it free.

/ Belarus tractors #56  
Belarus surfaced around N. TX. 15 give or take years ago. Quick spurt and gone. Have seen 2 in all my travels around the area other than: Had a dealer in Waxahachie, TX. years ago and now is a Kubota dealer. You figure. Not knowing, I bought my first JD from him. LP 4020, just under 100 hp, in 1990, was a 69 model as I recall. Paid $5k for it and when I got it home and figured out what the liquid was coming out of the little holes in the block in the middle of each cylinder, another $1000 for an in frame engine overhaul and I did the work. Then there was the LP problem. Really a bad experience.

Mark

/ Belarus tractors #57  
Yes there was a few dealers in Texas back then and one that I don't recall his name but he was very knowledgeable on the Belarus line and would post on forums such as these around late 90's early 00's. Back in the 90's when they became popular around here more so guys who had vintage 1970's 60 to 100hp chore/haying tractors traded them off on Belarus MFD's with cabs. Some thought they were pretty good and some ... didn't care for them as they are just a basic tractor no powershift or power shuttle shift etc.

One has to be carefull on those old vintage tractors. JD 4020 is a good old work horse and parts are plentyfull still on those. Thats why they bring a good dollar still.

What can really get expensive in a hurry when buying old loader MFD type tractors is the fron MFD axle and gears. Those can be several times more expensive to rebuild then an engine.

/ Belarus tractors #58  
I don't think the 825's have ground drive pto option do they. Hmm I'd have to check on that but if they do one could then shift in ground drive jack up a rear wheel and spin it so the pto goes in reverse. I've heard of guys unplugging big tractor driven grain augers like that.

Ran across this video .... good grief I count 39 round bales this guy is hauling with a little ole Belarus/mtz Hard to believe it but there is 100,000's of these old 800/900 seriers tractors still work'n around the world outside of N/A.

Tractor + 2 Wagons 39 round bales

Some of the videos of the Belarus, zetor, universal tractors getting just thrashed led me to have a look at them atleast. I don't know if they are actually tougher than a JD or MF, but you don't see videos of tractors in North America getting worked that hard.

/ Belarus tractors #59  
Got me curious now. I didn't know farm tractors had the ability to put down pressure on the 3 pt. One would think that you could jack the back tires up sufficiently to loose traction. Probably why most tractors don't have them.

Did some of the Belarus tractors have 2 cyl air cooled engines? Seems when I was at that dealer I saw cooling fins along the cylinders.

The 2 gph sounds good. However my Branson Cummins engine is rated .046 gal/HP/hr. If you are plowing that works out to 3 gal/hr at rated 2600 rpms. I have a 3 speed PTO and when mowing I put it in mid range, about 750, put the throttle just above the peak of the torque curve (1600....use 1800) and away I go. Never measured consumption.

Mark

Mark

/ Belarus tractors #60  
I don't know if they are actually tougher than a JD or MF, but you don't see videos of tractors in North America getting worked that hard.

They must have a really strong frame and rear end to take that, lots of iron. If their gear trans were equally tough,
plain and simple wins the day. Or at least keeps running.