Question Kubota 7040 ?????

/ Question Kubota 7040 ????? #1  

landiniowa

Tractor
John Deere 5425
Thanks and help if you can.

Looking to buy a new tractor and I like the Kubota 7040. My question is transmission type?

I dont do a lot of loader work and mostly go in a straight line type and on some hills. Plan on pulling a 4 row NT John Deere 7000 and a great plains NT Drill.

Some roto tiller work, disking and cultipacking. Also carrying wood in my bucket will be 90% of what I do.

I understand there are 2 transmissions and have got a price for the more expensive version ???? shuttle shift I think ? and about 1500 bucks less for the 8 speed trans.

What is the skinny on both models and really want some feedback.

Also what type price is fair for machine 1153 bucket, R1 tires and 1 remote?

Thanks again.:thumbsup:

/ Question Kubota 7040 ????? #2  
Both my 7040 are the sync.shuttle, they have been trouble free one for 3yrs other a year old. The hyd.shuttle is the other,I didn't see the need for the added cost so maybe someone else can chime in on them(both are going to be a 8x8shuttle). I think 4x4,ldr,cab,1 remote,R1s in my area around 38...

I cut/bale hay,mow a lot of acreage,discing,tilling,move lots of round bales,you name it...

/ Question Kubota 7040 ????? #3  
I have a 7040su open station cast centers loaded rear tires shuddle shift tranny (8 speed) I don't know bout the hydro tranny I have 2 remotes mines the cheaper model I payed around 30k for mine the main different between the su and the hd modes the hd has a front limted slip where mine does not I use the loader a lot shifting gets tiring in a hurry if I was doing it all over again I would get the hydro shuddle 1500 its not much money when your in the mid 30s already trust me on that I have put 100 hors on my Kubota in 8 months more if I had more time to do so I would get the round back bucket so dirt doesn't stick in it as much as the square back bucket you can get an after market heavy skid steer bucket the Kubota bucket isn't heavy duty at all in my book you can get extra cap 3pt hitch mines 3310 you can get up to 7200ibs of lift thats 900 more bucks one more thing you can get the 8540 tires on it post some pics when you get it oh sure foreman beat me to it

/ Question Kubota 7040 ????? #4  
Well, I went from a non synch shuttle to a synch shuttle and though WOW this is great, used the synch shuttle for twelve years then went to a hydraulic shuttle and thought WOW, this is GREAT. The older I get, the more I appreciate it, but we do a lot of back and forth operating mowing our levies, slopes, woods, FEL work etc. If not for the frequent direction changes, it shouldn't be an issue unless you get arthritis or something as you age. My father in law started having problems with his as he got older, but my dad didn't; who knows.

/ Question Kubota 7040 ????? #5  
I have an m8540 hydraulic shuttle. the big benefit is it gets a wet multiplate clutch which are great for taking abuse . About 50% of the time i still find my self clutching for direction changes.

It is nice being able to stand up so i can see the tips of my forks or when hooking up FEL attachments easy to just move the leaver and stand on the brake
Cons
Slow speed inching ie feathering the clutch is jerky if trying to inch forward to an attachment. you do not have direct control over the clutch.

/ Question Kubota 7040 ?????
Thanks for the feedback. I will be running this 7040 on some hills which I am not used to. I would like wheel weights or filled tires for ballast. Can I have the tires moved out to a wider position?

I just want to be safe and set it up right the first time.

Thanks

/ Question Kubota 7040 ????? #7  
Thanks for the feedback. I will be running this 7040 on some hills which I am not used to. I would like wheel weights or filled tires for ballast. Can I have the tires moved out to a wider position?

I just want to be safe and set it up right the first time.

Thanks

You should be able to, I had those on our M8540 moved out, but not all the way as it is pretty stable as is, ovrszd has those on his M9540 which is the same tractor as M8540 at about 90" and it will go wider. Our dealer orders all M8540's with the same tires as the M9540. foreman Etexas put bigger tires on one of his M7040's and I would do the same he has pictures on one of his threads.

Here is the thread with mine and ovrzd's tires set out: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/276490-hydraulic-tilt-link-homemade.html

/ Question Kubota 7040 ????? #8  
i dont care how much you think you use the clutch.id get the hydro shuttle no q about it.no matter what you do itll save your knee.