JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #31  
As far as cars and trucks go, they are called 4wd because of the equal size tires. It doesn't have to be in 4wd all the time to be called it but the biggest criteria is the tire sizes. MFD tractors have two different sized tires while the articulated tractors and trucks and SUV's have the same size tires. That is the biggest difference. As for marketing, a lot of tractor companies are trying to make compacts more understandable to their clients. By associating the terminology of cars and trucks to the tractors it allows the consumers to understand it better. However, if you have been around machinery your whole life which usually means the people buying 50hp tractors and up, then they tend to understand the traditional terms and the tractors are marketed that way. Hope that makes some sense.

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #32  
I was always under the understanding that the Belarus I had (420AN) was an MTZ model or Minsk Tractor Works - which from what I gather was an "older" model compared to some of the other Belarus-label tractors? What is an LTZ?

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #33  
The 400 series of tractors are from Lipestk not Minsk. Is it air cooled if so its a LTZ? At one time Belarus was selling products from anywhere between 16-31 different manufacturers in the USSR.

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #34  
It was/is air cooled, so it must have been a Lipestk. Neat information to know, but I don't have the tractor any more, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. Thanks for the information, though.

/ JD 5320 vs M5700 vs TN65 #35  
Hello ! I'm new here too but have been reading the forum for a while in order to get a feel for how to post and reply. This thread albeit old is actually pretty spot on for what I'm interested in learning about so after all of these years hopefully the same members are here and can tell me if their suggestions still hold true regarding the current new tractors and the old faithfuls previously discussed.

I currently have a Massey 1533 with FEL 4x4 and 476 hours. My property is flat sandy loam soil with Coastal Bermuda for hay plus I have a private grass runway I need to keep mowed. My dad died of cancer a couple of years ago and my mom has beat cancer about 4 times but still ticking away so my girlfriend is worried that the Texas sun is going to give me skin cancer. I know that when I go out there even with a white long sleeve shirt and a big hat I still come in black after a long summer day on the tractor, plus all the flying sand and grass sticks to the sunblock lotion she makes me apply, LOL.

So she has me looking for a cab tractor and I'm down to choosing between the following, all 4x4 with rear remotes :

Case IH Farmall 55 $24,500 661 hours 55hp Serial # 456 QT loader w/QT bucket, Additional front remote hydro for 3rd function

New Holland TN65D $21,990 2944 hours 65hp Serial # 1309788 New Holland Self-Leveling QT loader w/QT bucket

KUBOTA M5700DT $22,990 1136 hours 61hp Serial # 52821 Regular bucket connector (4 bolts )

So I could also consider buying a smaller new one (max budget was $20,000 so I'm stretching already but willing) but new are expensive. Cheapest I found was this but before summer so I might have to update the prices a little:

LS XR4140C $26,258
Branson 4520C $26,300
Massey 1736C $28,500

but then I hear the stories about the new electronics and EPA and you need a computer engineering degree if you want to find why the horn isn't working, etc.....

Please help !