New Tractor

/ New Tractor #1  

wbfarmer

Tractor
None
Hi All,

New to the compact tractor market and I'm looking for a 35-45hp tractor and would like your experience and view on Kioti tractors. Nearest dealer is Kubota and will work on any brand; sister store is Kioti dealer. Thank you.

/ New Tractor #2  
I didn't buy a Kioti, but was very, very close to buying one a few months ago. I was looking at a DK40SE, and ultimately picked an LS, but the Kioti really has a lot going for it. Eventually, I felt it was a tie as far as features, but the LS was a little bit less expensive.

I'm absolutely positive that I would have been equally happy with the Kioti. Some of the things I really liked was their loader (more powerful than average, and higher lift), the remote 3pt control lever at the back of the tractor, and the more open work station (more leg and foot room). I don't think you can go wrong with a Kioti, as long as you buy the appropriate size for your needs.

/ New Tractor #3  
The local (past) Bobcat dealer just picked up the Kioti which makes sense for to do. I have never seen or even looked at a Kioti (other than Bobcat) because there has never been one around here. I am not in the market but I think I will stop in and take a look, I have really never heard anything bad about them and I love to look.

/ New Tractor #4  
Hi

I got an RX6010 last year, thats a 60 HP cabin tractor so a bit bigger. So far have 36 hours on it and its great. Quality of build is excellent, location of things like oil, fuel filler, exhaust, battery etc is good. Gear changes nice and smooth and easy. Comfortable seat and good adjustment. Lots of nice features on tractor. Best bet for you is to sit in one and "feel" if it's right, make a spreadsheet to compare kubota vs kioti features and price. Above all - pick a dealer that you are happy with.

Mike

/ New Tractor #5  
My first tractor was a Kioti LK3054 bought it when I lived in Idaho for pushing snow. Never gave me any trouble and never had to take it back to the dealer for any repairs. All I ever did was change the fluids and replace the filters it was a good tractor.:thumbsup: Forgot..:welcome:To TBN.

/ New Tractor #6  
I had a Bobcat Ct235, same as the Ck35. It had some hydro problems, mainly the hydro pedal was sticking.

/ New Tractor #7  
I bought a CK25 HST new from my dealer in '04 and put just under 1200 hrs on it. It had no issues, other than the key slot gets water in it from rain, causing corrosion, making it hard to start. Wed I ordered a new DK40SE HST Cab, so I guess I'm a fan.

/ New Tractor #8  
I shopped for and looked at a Kioti but never got past sitting on the seat and talking to the salesman. Fifty miles to the only dealer in the area and no knowledge of their reliability shied me off and I went with old reliable JD. One thing I will say is that there is a world of difference in the lightest 45 Hp tractor out there and the heaviest. Having power is one thing and being able to transmit it to the ground is another. What horsepower to weight ratio you need will depend on your use of the tractor? If it is a glorified lawn mower it's one thing and if your pulling loaded hay wagons up steep hills it's another. Match the tractor to the job and your search will narrow considerably.

/ New Tractor #9  
I've had my Kioti Dk 35 for 12 years now (1700 + hours).
Its been great. Very solid and reliable for me so far.

/ New Tractor #10  
Welcome to TBN, What are your chores for this machine?