Buying Advice Massey Ferguson 3545 MFWD

/ Massey Ferguson 3545 MFWD #1  

jlar

Tractor
Case
Am considering purchasing one of these, would appreciate any tips or advice. Have not seen the tractor yet, only pics. It is advertised as having a standard transmission, were there other transmission options for this model? It has 5600 hours, 3 hyd. valves. I am not real familiar with MF tractors and would appreciate any input. Thanks

/ Massey Ferguson 3545 MFWD #2  
This is a french tractor ,Had many of this series and still have a 3505 which is the same tractor minus the turbo . Trans is the standard 8 speed with electric hi/lo which is all there was for this model and better than any of the other powershifts etc in previous US built MF's of this size . Brakes can be spongy and need time to pressurize in mornings , Cabs and door frames very prone to rot , HYD filters are over $100 each x 2 :) . AC can be poor for such a large cab . I love them but the cab is not to everyones taste with the foot throttle in the centre !

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 1,348
   / Massey Ferguson 3545 MFWD
Thanks alot for the info, very much appreciated. I plan to go look at the tractor and may have more questions when I return. It's handy to be able to talk to someone with hands on experience. Thanks once again.:thumbsup:

/ Massey Ferguson 3545 MFWD #4  
Just racking my brains today of anything else that might be of help as we've run many of these up over the 10'000 hr mark ..Obviously it has the good old perkins 6354 , a little ratteley to the ear , not the most liveley starter in cold weather but pulls like a train , water pump change is not for the faint hearted and although the rear end is very heavy i have seen a few crack the casting around the lower link mounts on the 3PT on heavy work . I'm guesing it will be a 1986 and obviously with electric 3pt controls some give trouble with age like any other brand but they were ahead of their time for electronics and are re-numbered european 2005"E" tractors , the 3545 would be a 2725 in it's original european spec. I love these old video's :)
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...2IodC9qmCTqUSIOXCZcUuUQ&bvm=bv.45512109,d.b2I