Buying Advice Yazoo Kees- what say You?

/ Yazoo Kees- what say You? #1  

farmeratheart

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD2520, JD650
Hello All.

We just started year #12 on our Toro ZTR with a 52" deck powered by a 17 horse Kohler. It's very apparent that this mower is not going to make it through another springs worth of grass. I've been very happy with our dealer over the years. Since we got this mower in 2002, he has added the Yazoo Kees line of mowers along with the Toros. Are these worth a serious look?

Thanks for your input!

Frank

/ Yazoo Kees- what say You? #2  
Hello All.

We just started year #12 on our Toro ZTR with a 52" deck powered by a 17 horse Kohler. It's very apparent that this mower is not going to make it through another springs worth of grass. I've been very happy with our dealer over the years. Since we got this mower in 2002, he has added the Yazoo Kees line of mowers along with the Toros. Are these worth a serious look?

Thanks for your input!
yazoo has gone through, like so many name brands, an evolution of corporate company sales. troy built is now a joke....but yazoo kees is i feel is still quality... you might inquire at your dealership the current corporate status of "yazoo kees" in terms of parts avail, etc......that said, i purchased a zero turn yazoo kees 34"mower (mini max) that can accommodate a 36" gate for my landscaping business. has a 17hp kawi. although low hrs, all signs are positive including the hd constr. there are so many ZT manufacturers out there, it's a hard call on this one. just do your research (on line, forums like this, maybe a garden/landscape one) and price them out. but i am pleased w/YK. the future of the company? it's a toss up like so many out there....sorry for the mixed message, the nature of the marketplace out there. just DONT go w/ john deere, troy built, or huskee,etc (consumer cheap brands) if you want a quality machine. oh no, guess i stepped on someone's toes....just imho

/ Yazoo Kees- what say You? #3  
I agree on the Husky. While mine is not a zero turn it has problems I think a 7 year old mower shouldn't. I would not buy it again. Bruce

/ Yazoo Kees- what say You?
We ended up at the JD dealer yesterday. Bought a used 925 that they had sold/serviced and accepted on trade. Looks to be in great shape!This one has a 27hp Kawasaki coupled with a 54" mulch on demand deck.

/ Yazoo Kees- what say You? #5  
We ended up at the JD dealer yesterday. Bought a used 925 that they had sold/serviced and accepted on trade. Looks to be in great shape!This one has a 27hp Kawasaki coupled with a 54" mulch on demand deck.

what is an "on demand" deck? thx

/ Yazoo Kees- what say You?
'Mulch on Demand" refers to a lever on the side of the deck with which the operator can close a set of baffles to mulch the clippings or open to broadcast the clippings. Looks pretty slick- I'll let you know after we try it out this weekend.