Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member

Default Re: What company makes a good sub-compact, gas powered, hydro, tractor.

I looked at the 700's and they are nice tractors but, $10,000.00 is out of line. If I can find a good used one than I am all for it. If I can't find one than I might as well look for a kubota bx1500 or BX2200 that has a blown engine. It would not be that hard to re-power one with an air cooled V-twin. I seen them cheap so it might be time to start looking.

Silver Member

I just purchased a Ingersoll 3012. It has the Vangaurd 12.5 V-twin. I comes with a snow plow and the 44" mower deck. this will be good enough for my wife and daughter. The good thing is the driveline parts will be available for some time. and it can be set up with a 3-point. It has no rear pto but it would never be used anyways. The drivetrain is bullet proof on the 3000 series and 4000 series tractors, and they are so easy to work on that most back yard mechanic would be able to maintain it. If it ever has to be repowered it is easy to do.

Thanks everyone with your reply's

Tractor
    '11 Deere 1026R

Cub Cadet branded some SCUT Mitsubishi? tractors with a 25 hp liquid Kawasaki about 10 years ago. The only one I'd ever seen the owner was looking to trade it for a diesel powered tractor. The liquid kawasakis are nice motors, but not exactly what I would want on a capable tractor. Honda also had some nice four wheel steer tractors with 3cyl inline liquid gas about 15 years ago.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Quote Originally Posted by MessickFarmEqu View Post
    any real subcompact = diesel. Anything else is a garden tractor.
    Neil, what you say is fact, I agree. But with all the effort needed now to meet new Tier IV norms for diesels, and the advancement of direct injection gas engines making them have more torque and better economy, I wonder if a good engine manufacturer such as kubota would ever put out a small gas tractor. Gas tractors were plentiful for decades on farms, but then diesel came along and provided more torque, better economy, less daily maintenance, etc. But since then gas engines have come a long ways. I do wonder if there is a market for such a critter if someone were to build it. Probably EPA issues would be the first considerations whether it be diesel or gas. Or perhaps the first consideration would be if there really is any market for a gas tractor.
    Dave
    Red Bluff, California

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Quote Originally Posted by XSKIER View Post
    Cub Cadet branded some SCUT Mitsubishi? tractors with a 25 hp liquid Kawasaki about 10 years ago. The only one I'd ever seen the owner was looking to trade it for a diesel powered tractor. The liquid kawasakis are nice motors, but not exactly what I would want on a capable tractor. Honda also had some nice four wheel steer tractors with 3cyl inline liquid gas about 15 years ago.
    I forgot about the Honda's, and I should not have. We just took in trade and retailed a Honda 5518 last week. It was 4wd, 4-wheel steer tractor with a Cat 0 three-point and also a front implement lift and a belly mower. It was a very smooth tractor, but this one was an 8-speed manual trans, not an HST. It had a front mount snow blower as well, which we kept as the new customer was only going to use the Honda to mow.
    Dave
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Toro D200, Ford 1715, International 884,

The thing with a Diesel engine is that you can park it, say in September, then return to it in April, and it will likely fire right up. Or, even wait a couple of years.

Gas engines can be much more touchy about clogged carbs, fouled plugs, & etc.

Mom has a Diesel JD tractor and does fine with it, although she may hire people to come and help her with tractor chores. She also wouldn't buy anything other than a Diesel pickup.

Assuming you're buying the tractor new, from a reputable local dealer (not a place like HD or Lowes), then you should be able to get service through the dealer, even pickup and delivery service.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I have seen some with a Kohler, they may have had a Kawasaki. I think they were a 5000 series. I don't think they were very reliable machines.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    '11 Deere 1026R

I was thinking of this one I guess. I don't know about the 5000 series.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-trac...adet-7252.html

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I was thinking of this one I guess. I don't know about the 5000 series.

TractorData.com Cub Cadet 7252 tractor information
    I forgot about those newer 7000 series.

Here is the 5000 series.

TractorData.com Cub Cadet 5252 tractor information
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12