$1499 vs $3500 (Deere D105 vs. X300) Worth it?

/ $1499 vs $3500 (Deere D105 vs. X300) Worth it?
Did my first mow. Took 2 hours. Since it was the first mow of the year, I had to stop to move branches and rocks, etc. So far, so good. I will post another update after a few more mows.

/ $1499 vs $3500 (Deere D105 vs. X300) Worth it? #12  
I have a friend who mows lots of flat acreage with a cheap rider. He has 8 push mowers connected together. Fires them up and pulls the assembly behind the rider. Works well and cuts the time it takes to about 1/3. He's cheap and just buys used push mowers from one of a couple of guys around here who sell them for about $25. When one dies he just brings it back, gets something like $5 off the price of a replacement and then connects it up.

/ $1499 vs $3500 (Deere D105 vs. X300) Worth it? #13  
I bought a X320. Much more solid machine than D series. My land is somewhat rough and I figured the heavier frame and deck would be worth the $$$$$s.

Also, either a three or four yr warranty, can't remember.......

Last edited:
   / $1499 vs $3500 (Deere D105 vs. X300) Worth it? #14  
I have a friend who mows lots of flat acreage with a cheap rider. He has 8 push mowers connected together. Fires them up and pulls the assembly behind the rider. Works well and cuts the time it takes to about 1/3. He's cheap and just buys used push mowers from one of a couple of guys around here who sell them for about $25. When one dies he just brings it back, gets something like $5 off the price of a replacement and then connects it up.
I would like to see a picture of that set up. The units are cheap i get that but he must be going thru some serious fuel.

/ $1499 vs $3500 (Deere D105 vs. X300) Worth it? #15  
Count yourself fortunate regarding the price & availablity of the D105. My Sister/BIL just bought a D105 a fortnight ago (love it) and that put me in mind to pick one up myself for getting at all the places that my slasher/tractor can't.

The JD dealership was impressed but said that the D105 wasn't available in Australia yet (they need to sell all of the D100 stock first). So I needed to go for the D110... short story is that for A$3000 I got the D110 with a high(er) backed seat from a D130 (no charge = because it's ME), oil & filter for the first servicing @ 50hrs and they'll deliver it with a full tank of petrol + a free coffee mug ('cause I've already got the JD ball cap, JD bomber jacket, JD windscreen decal, JD tool box, JD... Ad Nauseum).

In Australia, the eBay price for a D110 is A$2899 so I got a deal, obviously because it's ME.:D

/ $1499 vs $3500 (Deere D105 vs. X300) Worth it? #17  
It must be the shipping cost + the smaller population base = an even smaller ride-on mower purchasing base.

As I said, the eBay price for one from the mainland (Melbourne) was only A$100 less. Yes, there was free delivery (which the seller would've choked on as Tassie is an Island) but my dealer gave me a better deal by far. My Sister/BIL in Canada got a better price for the D105 but North America is a huge economic zone.

As we say here, you just 'cop it' and move on. (unless the dealer has ripped you off, then you raise bloody **** & their reputation is toast). Mind you, AKFish in Alaska probably has all sorts of horror stories regarding prices.

/ $1499 vs $3500 (Deere D105 vs. X300) Worth it? #18  
We bought D135 few years ago. We have about 150 hours on it. Best mower under $2K, no question about it!
X series is better, but I won't say its 2.5 times better. For X series money, better buy a zero turn.

/ $1499 vs $3500 (Deere D105 vs. X300) Worth it? #19  
John Deere D100 Vs X300 Lawn Tractors

On the showroom floor there does not appear to be a whole lot different between the John Deere D100 Series model riding mowers and the X300 Select Series models. So why does the X300 Series have twice the warranty?

Heavier and More Durable Frame

The X300 Select Series frame is a solid one piece frame weighing in at nearly 100 lbs and the D100 Series frame is a two piece welded frame weight in at a little over 50 lbs.

This X300 Select Series frame is also thicker to make it more rigid to hold up for years of use and the added weight improves traction and better attachment performance.

Larger Transmission For Increased Productivity

The X300 Select Series transmission provides 165 lb-ft of torque and the D100 series models product 126 lb-ft of torque which is about 25% increase.

This increase in torque allows the X300 lawn tractor to climb hills better, tow more weight, and push more snow. The X304 model also features all wheel steering for tighter turning in and around obstacles for faster mower times.

Engineered For Comfort and Convenience

The X300 Select Series models feature a higher back seats with more suspension travel, foot operated deck lift rather than hand lift, standard cruise control and electric PTO engagement.

These features keep the operator more comfortable during their time mowing and reducing fatigue from lifting deck and other front attachments by hand.

Twice the Warranty

The X300 Select Series lawn tractors also come with a 4 year / 300 hour warranty vs the 2 year / 120 hour warranty on D100 Series mowers.

This increased warranty shows John Deere has more confidence in their Select Series line-up and with quality and performance upgrades they are sure to last the test of time!

John Deere D100 Vs X300 | Mutton Power Fort Wayne Indiana

/ $1499 vs $3500 (Deere D105 vs. X300) Worth it? #20  
I think the cub cadet 1042kw is better than the d130. I has 5 anti scalp wheels on the deck. A Kawasaki motor and a nice seat.