Buying Advice Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #1  

check 6

Gold Member
Tractor
L 3560, 008-3 excavator ZD 1211 mower
I went to the local Kubota dealership where I have spent far too much money over the years to get my gas powered hedge trimmer repaired ( still under warranty) and in the front lot was a new B2650 with factory cab. First thought, I don't need a new tractor, but I looked it over. Very nice. I have an almost two year old BX25 that serves my needs if not my desires. Actually I use the front loader very often but the back hoe very little and mostly to help neighbors. When I do use the back hoe my back and neck remind me for several days ( missing 5 discs) The seat in the B 2650 was much more comfortable. The cab was great and would be nice for our hot Texas summers and cools blustery winters. Do i need it NO or my wife would actually say NO NO. I will admit it is much more creature comfortable, controls seem well placed and it would serve my actual used needs just as well ie front loader and sprayer on the rear. But, I would not be able to enlarge my vocabulary which I do each time I remove or install the back hoe .... to do something for a neighbor. So that said looking for outside advice from those that don't need to dig into their wallet as to pluses over the BX25. I will admit I don't have a lot of land but I do help out on 17 acres of common area and at 71 I'm enjoying retirement and do love mechanical toys. Would the reasonable and logical voices please speak up ... or will the other out of control grown boys that like big toys ... that can be useful shout them down.

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #2  
Last fall I had a similar dilema and I ended up trading a perfectly good NH TC29D for a Massey 1635 with factory cab. Comfort won over wallet!

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #3  
Last April, I made a mistake and just went by the Kioti Dealer to "just look at for fun" the pretty tractors. Well it took a couple weeks, but a new tractor followed me home. Do what you want, but going by a new tractor dealer is dangerous.

James K0UA

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #4  
Well you do know NO,NO is a hair remover!!! If you have hair now you might think about what the wife is saying or wake up some morning without any.

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #5  
Last week I went to my Kioti dealer...He delivered it yesterday! Go for it, you're dead a lot longer than you're alive! :dance1:

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #6  
Go for it! I stopped by a Kioti dealer on Saturday (before they opened). I really liked the cab on a CK30 they had out front.
Some year down the road you can tell me to go for the cab model too!

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me
Thanks guys, you are tickling my adult male "troy" emotions. Since my yard is but an acre it is hard to justify. However I seem to always be helping a neighbor do something that involves my tractor. Second the eat and seating position in the B2650 is more comfortable than on the BX25. That said the eat on the newer BX 25D is the same as on the "B" series but the dealer does not know if it will fit on my 2 year old BX25 so points for the seating on the "B". Additionally better ground clearance ( removing the exposure of fragile parts under the BX to damage), more power (always good) and lastly I'm finding that I am not using the back hoe very much, in fact only when a neighbor wants me to do something. Sounds like I have convinced myself to buy a new "Toy" Ops tool. Maybe but then the Scotch/ German in me keeps saying what you have is really more than you need. I hate the practical side when it comes to mechanical things or tools. So keep the tread going. The dealer has not given me a price yet so all is just discussion at this point. By the way with a very unusual, for South Texas, 42 degrees and 28 MPH winds outside this late in April the cab concept does sound good.

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #8  
well, I've discovered that a cab is actually a safety device
keeps wasps/bees away
cooler in summer, warmer in winter, dryer in rain, dust from mowing is reduced as is sound
great hand holds on doors for uneven ground, helps balance and back
keeps limbs out of eyes, no welts on face/arms from dodging brush.
entry and egress to seat is safer because of door hand holds.
exhaustion factor reduced when running for hours...when tired mistakes are more common.

I'll be 70 this year...I say that if you enjoy tractoring for yourself/others, then best take care of your body with equipment designed to protect it from brutal Texas conditions. Only downside is it is hard to hear the rattle snakes...heard one yesterday but it got away from me:confused3:

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #9  
These things happen. Last December I went to the local Harley dealer to buy my wife a jacket for Christmas. I got the jacket, but came home with a new bike for myself.

/ Went to my Kubota dealer... a mistake that may cost me #10  
I always find it's easier to do it then ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission up front. Seriously, life is short. Get the tractor you really want. :licking: