buying FEL for 2305

/ buying FEL for 2305 #1  

dakotagun

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2305
think i'm gonna pull the trigger on a FEL for my 2305; just moved to our 3 acre lot and new home, have lots of landscaping and stuff to do so I think it'll get used lots. bought the tractor used, @75 hrs, so there's plenty of life left in her. I noticed the 200cx was the FEL i'd order last year, but I've heard now that the H120 is the one i'd get today. other than the curved-look to the arms, any difference? think i'd be able to get a hold-over 200cx from somewhere?

/ buying FEL for 2305 #2  
John Deere still lists the 200CX in the configurator, so it should be possible to find one left over, or even to get your dealer to order one for you. The configurator lists both the 200CX and the H130 as available for a 2305.

/ buying FEL for 2305 #3  
I would definitely go for the 200CX. I have yet to find a job around my place that it won't handle. make sure you have a weight box on the back for counterbalance

/ buying FEL for 2305
thanks. went with the 200cx and can't believe how many things I have to use it for! have read that on here before, and without a doubt it is true. I didn't get a weight box - the topic didn't come up at all during the purchase. I do have the box blade on the back with a couple of suitcase weights hanging on it, but will look for adding that to the list in the future.

/ buying FEL for 2305 #5  
I use either my bush hog or carryall on the back when doing any significant FEL work. A box blade probably doesn't weight much.

Ralph

/ buying FEL for 2305 #6  
You'll wonder how you ever got along without it! Congrats!

The advantage of the ballast box is that you get a lot of weight in a small, compact package-I couldn't imagine trying to keep tack of a cutter/mower/box blade on the rear while trying to maneuver the FEL in a tight spot. Add a iMatch QH and you can install/remove it from the seat also.

Add some hooks to the bucket for even more versatility ;)

/ buying FEL for 2305
Thanks for the advice. I don't weld but as soon as I see/hear of any of my new neighbors welding, I'll hit them up for a couple of hooks - seems to be a logical option. Well look for ballast prices around here. To then, I'll try to keep the front load on the light side. Been moving gravel / dirt for my driveway mostly.

/ buying FEL for 2305 #8  
Thanks for the advice. I don't weld but as soon as I see/hear of any of my new neighbors welding, I'll hit them up for a couple of hooks - seems to be a logical option. Well look for ballast prices around here. To then, I'll try to keep the front load on the light side. Been moving gravel / dirt for my driveway mostly.

There is a guy that sells bolt on hooks that work great, and won't burn your paint. Just drill 2 holes and the bolts are included. His name is Kenny, just google for "kens bolt on grab hooks"

/ buying FEL for 2305 #9  
There is a guy that sells bolt on hooks that work great, and won't burn your paint. Just drill 2 holes and the bolts are included. His name is Kenny, just google for "kens bolt on grab hooks"

Thanks Arlen:drink:

/ buying FEL for 2305 #10  

Even with "light loads"' all the weight is on the front axle, unless something is on the rear to transfer the weight to the rear axle.