Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 2305

Default buying FEL for 2305

think i'm gonna pull the trigger on a FEL for my 2305; just moved to our 3 acre lot and new home, have lots of landscaping and stuff to do so I think it'll get used lots. bought the tractor used, @75 hrs, so there's plenty of life left in her. I noticed the 200cx was the FEL i'd order last year, but I've heard now that the H120 is the one i'd get today. other than the curved-look to the arms, any difference? think i'd be able to get a hold-over 200cx from somewhere?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

Default Re: buying FEL for 2305

John Deere still lists the 200CX in the configurator, so it should be possible to find one left over, or even to get your dealer to order one for you. The configurator lists both the 200CX and the H130 as available for a 2305.

Tractor
    John Deere 2305

I would definitely go for the 200CX. I have yet to find a job around my place that it won't handle. make sure you have a weight box on the back for counterbalance

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 2305

thanks. went with the 200cx and can't believe how many things I have to use it for! have read that on here before, and without a doubt it is true. I didn't get a weight box - the topic didn't come up at all during the purchase. I do have the box blade on the back with a couple of suitcase weights hanging on it, but will look for adding that to the list in the future.

Tractor
    JD 1025, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010

I use either my bush hog or carryall on the back when doing any significant FEL work. A box blade probably doesn't weight much.

Ralph
    The natural gardener
    God's original intent

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

You'll wonder how you ever got along without it! Congrats!

The advantage of the ballast box is that you get a lot of weight in a small, compact package-I couldn't imagine trying to keep tack of a cutter/mower/box blade on the rear while trying to maneuver the FEL in a tight spot. Add a iMatch QH and you can install/remove it from the seat also.

Add some hooks to the bucket for even more versatility
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 2305

Thanks for the advice. I don't weld but as soon as I see/hear of any of my new neighbors welding, I'll hit them up for a couple of hooks - seems to be a logical option. Well look for ballast prices around here. To then, I'll try to keep the front load on the light side. Been moving gravel / dirt for my driveway mostly.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

Quote Originally Posted by dakotagun View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I don't weld but as soon as I see/hear of any of my new neighbors welding, I'll hit them up for a couple of hooks - seems to be a logical option. Well look for ballast prices around here. To then, I'll try to keep the front load on the light side. Been moving gravel / dirt for my driveway mostly.
    There is a guy that sells bolt on hooks that work great, and won't burn your paint. Just drill 2 holes and the bolts are included. His name is Kenny, just google for "kens bolt on grab hooks"

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by arlen4720 View Post
    There is a guy that sells bolt on hooks that work great, and won't burn your paint. Just drill 2 holes and the bolts are included. His name is Kenny, just google for "kens bolt on grab hooks"
    Thanks Arlen
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by dakotagun View Post
    Even with "light loads"' all the weight is on the front axle, unless something is on the rear to transfer the weight to the rear axle.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast