Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #21  
Could it be that those brands had insufficient replies to be a statistically significant sample, thus omitted?

Interesting that some brands aren't present.....no Kioti, LS, Branson, etc.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #22  
Well, two of the questions were to rate:

product quality

parts quality

So, although the title is a little ambiguous, clearly,IMHO, the quality of the brand is included in the ratings, along with things like parts availability, etc. A total of 68 pages of details, by brand.

Glad to see this thread is sticky now.

texasjohn,
I tend to agree that even though this is not a "consumer/end user" survey, many of these categories would influence my purchase of a particular manufacturer's "Outdoor Power Equipment"(aka my Zero Turn Mower). Like mentioned by another user, I was pleased with the overall rating of Ariens(who manufactures my Gravely ZTR) compared to the average for all manufacturers. In addition to the product quality, parts and parts availabilty categories you mentioned(if a dealer is not happy with product quality........would I be if I bought one????), I would also put significant weight before purchasing on "Product Technical Support", "Parts Quality", "Return Privileges", "Warranty Procedures", "Warranty Payments" and "Manufacturer Response to Dealer Needs /Concerns". If a manufacturer has been unresponsive/problematic with a dealer in ANY of those areas the likelihood that it would directly affect the dealer's after sale needs that I have with the equipment is also very high. IMHO, this is a pretty good "report card" and would definitely affect my inclination(for instance) to buy a Bad Boy ZTR with the rating it got!!!! And actually I almost bought a 2012 Bad Boy Outlaw last fall, but fortunately got a better deal on my Gravely.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #23  
I think a dealer survey is more logical and practical versus a consumer survey that can be more emotional.

Brian

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #24  
I think a dealer survey is more logical and practical versus a consumer survey that can be more emotional.

Brian

I on the other hand would prefer to see one from the end user. It may tend to lend more light on actual in the field product quality, durability, etc., etc., etc. It would also reflect some on the quality of the dealerships along with the manufacturer.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #25  

Brian

It depends on the audience. Dealers aren't likely to bash their product line if they think the public is reading it. Why buy a product that even the dealer has issues with?

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #26  
It depends on the audience. Dealers aren't likely to bash their product line if they think the public is reading it. Why buy a product that even the dealer has issues with?

kinda surprised this made its way online. its not a "for the public" survey.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #27  
kinda surprised this made its way online. its not a "for the public" survey.
I dont think that it was supposed to get out, but it looks like they don't have security setup for that file, someone found it, linked to it and then Google found the link... Security through obscurity doesn't always work.

Aaron Z

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers.
   / Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #29  
Thanks..... This is very useful information.

I am in market to buy 40-50HP tractor, and leaning towards Mahindra 5035 which comes out quite well in this survey.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #30  
Thanks..... This is very useful information.

I am in market to buy 40-50HP tractor, and leaning towards Mahindra 5035 which comes out quite well in this survey.

Keep in mind(even though I agree these ratings should influence a consumer purchase)....this survey is "dealer opinion".....NOT....."owner opinion".