Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #43  
It's looks like Kubota came out on top for 2014.

NAEDA - 2014 Dealer

I haven't been able to find the rankings as they were posted in the original thread for 2013. Scag and Vermeer were also on top this year.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #44  
I think that is great! But I am partial to Orange. The notion put forth in this thread that dealers opinions and experiences do not translate directly to actionable information for the consumer is ridiculous! This survey is a peak under the tent. We typically deal with the manufactures seldomly , the dealers work with them on many different levels on an almost daily basis. We typically deal with them when we purchase, have a warranty issue, need parts, etc. The dealers are much closer to what I believe is the 'corporate culture' of the manufactures because they deal with them much more often and on many different levels. Is this a direct read on retail consumers thoughts/impressions? No. It represents the experiences of equipment professionals, many of which have experience with several of the manufactures listed in the survey. So, in that light I think it is very useful from my perspective when I go looking to purchase equipment. My 2 cents, for what it is worth.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers.
Thanks for adding the link.

I own a Kubota tractor and 5 Scag mowers. Both Kubota and Scag are the highest rated.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #47  
It's looks like Kubota came out on top for 2014.

NAEDA - 2014 Dealer

I haven't been able to find the rankings as they were posted in the original thread for 2013. Scag and Vermeer were also on top this year.

Context helps.

Here are all the recipients of the 2015 awards.

NAEDA - NAEDA Announces 2015 Manufacturer Awards

The North American Equipment Dealers Association (NAEDA) has announced the recipients of its Dealer痴 Choice Award and Gold Level service awards for 2015. The awards are presented annually to manufacturers who receive exemplary ratings in twelve operational categories addressed in NAEDA痴 Dealer-Manufacturer Relations Survey.

Recipients of the 2015 Dealer痴 Choice Award are John Deere - Full-Line Manufacturer; LS Tractor - Tractor Manufacturer; Vermeer - Shortline Manufacturer; and Grasshopper - Outdoor Power Equipment Manufacturer.

典he Dealer痴 Choice Award recognizes manufacturers that are doing an exceptional job of providing top-quality products, parts, service, and support to the industry, says Blaine Bingham, NAEDA Chair. 典hese companies are to be complemented on their efforts to excel and assist dealers in key areas of our business operations.

Companies recognized for Gold Level service are: Outdoor Power Equipment Manufacturers - ECHO, Exmark, Ferris, Scag, Shindawiwa, Stihl and Toro. Tractor Manufacturers - Branson Tractor, Kubota Tractor, Kioti Tractor. Shortline Manufacturers - Great Plains, Kuhn, Landoll, Landpride, MacDon, and Woods.

Dixie Chopper is the recipient of the 2015 Most Improved award for attaining the greatest percentage of improvement in overall ratings from 2014.

乃he NAEDA Dealer-Manufacturer Relations Survey is one of the most important services the association provides its members and the industry, notes Gail Halderman, Chair of NAEDA痴 Member Services Committee. 典his year痴 survey experienced a significant increase in dealer input as we received more than 6,000 manufacturer ratings. We are extremely pleased with the level of participation and proud of the benefit this survey provides.

NAEDA congratulates the 2015 award recipients and thanks all manufacturers for supporting the dealer-manufacturer relationship.​

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #48  
Like mentioned by another user,casesam I also was pleased with www.casesam.co.uk the overall rating of Ariens compared to the average for all manufacturers.

Last edited:
   / Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #49  
The data isn't based upon customer reviews, feedback, etc, it's based off of dealer surveys. In other words, this has nothing to do with warranty claims or what actual owners are experiencing.

That is exactly right. This survey has nothing to do with the end customer. What is considered good for the dealer is not always good for the end user. It is easy to imagine that a dealer complaint with a manufacturer could be something in the nature of; the manufacturer tends to side too much with the end customer on warranty issues. Or, the manufacturer forces the dealer to limit their mark-up on their product.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #50  
This info on JD doesn't surprise me and many of you won't believe what I'm about to tell you. Years ago I was a die hard Deere guy. I was also the project manager for one of their product lines mainly chainsaws, blowers, trimmers etc. Back in 1995 or so they purchased a company called Homelite which many of you know. What you don't know is that they took that product line and moved it to Mexico. But if that wasn't bad enough they decided that they could make more money and sell more of their professional line of products if they just changed the colors of all the consumer power tool housings to green and used the existing mechanicals. They started arriving to dealers that following year. Product was sold for several months with all kinds of issues and customer complaints until finally the production was halted and new relationships were made with external vendors supplying again "quality products" including a Italian chainsaw manufacture. I was amazed that JD used the Homelite product. It was a terrible decision that came back to hurt them badly. I'm sure it's the result of bad upper management direction but what a catastrophe. Dealers were outraged and a lot of loyal customers were lost. I think in part it's the result of greed wanting to be the biggest and most profitable. For me the smaller company that makes a solid product is my first choice now.