Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #71  
What jumped out at me is how LS seems to be trying very hard, and succeeding, at keeping their dealers happy.

could also be a function of sample size. I would not trust much from these surveys without several years of consistent data.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #72  
could also be a function of sample size. I would not trust much from these surveys without several years of consistent data.

LS and Branson have been at or near the top for a couple of years now. Likewise some smaller brands routinely stay near the bottom. While that may not be a long enough timeframe to satisfy your thoughts on consistency, it does point toward being legitimate. Sample size is important, but I think when we see a couple two or three years that keep LS and Branson near the top, it does say that the dealers feel well supported by the brand. Kubota has been consistently good in ratings and they do have a very large sample size. They must take care of their dealers, and that task is huge given the volume of sales and dealers. Kudos to Kubota.

Mahindra has slipped in about every column except marketing, and that is disappointing to me as a Mahindra dealer. I think it was only a few years ago that they were #2 behind Kubota in dealer satisfaction. I think their push to grow at a tremendous rate causes some grief, especially for smaller dealers that are being pushed to stock more, sell more, and so forth. Smaller companies can "hold hands" with their dealers and work out little issues quickly. Seems the bigger companies out of necessity become more policy and procedure driven. That transition time can be a time of dealer dissatisfaction. Sometimes this is due to dealers needing to transition to a more professional way of doing business, we can't lay all the blame on Mahindra. Having said that, I hope to see them rise in the ranks again next year.

We also sell Branson, and frankly they are just very easy to deal with from a dealer's perspective. Hopefully as they grow, they can retain the quality relationship they have with their dealers.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #73  
I tried the link several times and got the 404 error message page doesn't exist. Anyone else?

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers.
I tried the link several times and got the 404 error message page doesn't exist. Anyone else?

The link was first posted here about 4.5 years ago. It probably doesn't exist any more.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #75  
Hence my suggestion that there be a place to save/share files on the site...

I've downloaded and saved all the versions that were available at the time and since, but those are on my computer, not the web, and I have no intention of setting up a site to share them. However, for the right Fee I might consider it.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #78  
One again LS shines. It's like a horse race, and LS is coming fast around the corner, trying to pass Kioti to get to Kubota...
Competition makes all of them better for us
I really like my local Kubota dealer, they have a great customer attitude. And
for what I do, superior products. Though I do like my Masseys too. Massey always make you wonder who is making it though.
Even JD subs their products out to Yanmar and whatever factory(s) they use in India. Kubota I think is the only one that does it all themselves.
That has to add some efficiency and product quality if you are big enough to manage it all.

I'm not very up on South Korean engine manufacturers. I guess I'll be learning more...
South Koreans have copied Japan so well most of what comes out of there is really good.

/ Statistics on equipment manufacturers ratings by dealers. #79  
I wish they had plaques on tractors showing parts content by country of origin.
At least my Masseys clearly say on them who built them, Iseki/Japan and Simpson/India.

Shows you what the brand label is worth...I sure would not have normally bought a Simpson, frankly never heard of them.
Manufacturing tractors now seems to be assembling them from parts coming for all over the place. Not like it was just 30 or 40 years ago.
Now we drive international tractors with shiny paint jobs and snazzy decals.
Which is why the parts counter will always be a very important place. It's the first thing everyone asks, can you get parts FAST?
Slow boat from China? well......

I've never had anything major break on any of my tractors, but I sure see them in giant pieces broken apart at the dealers. With big Sisu engines and giant IVT transmissions and they
are broken down just like the little guys...just with some AED grabbing repair bills. Anyone who owns a combine has my sincere respect.
Now there's a complicated gizmo, talk about belts and adjustments and all the support needed. Way over my pay grade.
Besides my Super A is coming home this week for the first time and I have to learn how to drive/cultivate with that. Starting to do a small bit of row crop farming.
I bet the Super A's and 140's would gotten good scores but what about IH back then?
Sure not the IH of today.

And if someone can diagram the Agco family tree easily and have it actually fit on one page...
When you say Agco you always have to wonder yeah and? because it could be so many different things.
Which of course is exactly what they want I believe.

Kubota has kept it simple. I like simple.