Price Check L5740 price check

/ L5740 price check #1  

VineO

Tractor
Kubota L5740 HSTC-3
Hello -

Thanks to the all the great folks here who responded to my original post on "Recommendations for 40 acre vineyard" and research from all the valuable information here at TractorByNet, I have decided on a Kubota L5740. I want to get one before they are all gone. I got a quote from a dealer close to where my property is. With the FEL, he is quoting me $40,750.00, $3,500.00 for a reverse disc plow and $10,000.00 on the backhoe. How does this sound?

I have never been good at haggling, so any recommendations from experienced tractor buyers/owners for any "wheelin' and dealin'" would be appreciated. I expect to take advantage of the 0% financing, buy the 3 year extended warranty get the KTAC policy.

What do you think?

Thanks as always,

Rich

/ L5740 price check #2  
If you go to Kubota's website and do the "Build my tractor" you can get a real good idea what retail price is. A good discount is 10% to 12%. Anything 15% or higher is great. Some locations, like up in New England you're lucky to get 5% off. With the new 60 series coming out normally prices for the older 40 series should be dropping in price but with the switch in the tier 4 emission engines the older 40 series are still very popular.

/ L5740 price check #3  
Nice machine, I love mine so far !! I can't remember the base price I paid back in December, but total with our 6.35% sales tax it brought my L5740 w/ cab, FEL, KTAC insurance and third function remote to a hair under 46k.. Good luck to you sir !!

/ L5740 price check #4  
Is this a cab or open station? Do yourself a favoe and contact Barlows in Somerset KY to see if they can beat that price.... I think they will.

FY
I paid alot less for a open L5740 with FEL 15k less

/ L5740 price check #5  
I just bought a new L5740 HSTC with FEL third function loader control, radio,rear wiper,r4 tires with rim guard, quick attach bucket, mid pto, 2 rear remotes for 39k. If I wanted to do 72 months at zero percent they added 1500.00 to the price. I did zero for 60 and the price was 39k. Sounds like your tractor price is in the ballpark. I have purchased quite a few tractors, lawn mowers and attachments over the years so I like to think they treat me pretty well.

/ L5740 price check
Sorry - this is for the HSTC. Did the "Build my tractor" on Kubota's website $44,094. The dealer is at about 8% below ($40,750.00).
paulg1968 - sounds like you got a great deal compared to my $40,750 for tractor and FEL!

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Rich

/ L5740 price check #7  
I went back and forth for awhile to get that price. I had no trade and have dealt with them as I mentioned quite a bit. I gave them a price of 38500 and said I would take it for that and they came back at 39k we started at 42k so you are not that far off. I would bet you can get it for 39k but make sure they don't attempt to make up the difference on the attachments. Good luck.

/ L5740 price check #8  
PaulG sounds spot on. It is similar to the pricing I got on my L5740 (with adjustments made for my open station).