Who makes tractors?

/ Who makes tractors? #11  
Speaking of Cat, they sell tractors under the Challenger brand that is a part of AGCO which sell Massey. Cat also used Ford axles on their backhoes and the original Cat Challenger large rear wheel rubber tracks were actually Ford New Holland Genesis tractor chassis with a rubber track undercarraige.
Some John Deere tractors are made up of components from Turkey, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Japan and China, but are assembled in the USA, kind of like a global "one piece at a time" tribute to Johnny Cash!

/ Who makes tractors? #12  
Kioti is made by Daedong Industrial Company. They make others too like Bobcat, Landi and McCormick. They used to make the engines for Kubota.

/ Who makes tractors? #13  
I'd love to see a chart of the comingling of brands.

Like John Deere - Yanmar

New Holland - Iseki - Shibura - Fiat - etc

Kioti - Bobcat

As far as I can tell Mahindra, Kubota and possibly some smaller lines that I'm not aware of may be the only ones manufacturing complete machines solely for themselves, it seems like all the rest have bought or sold rights to their compact utility lines.

Brian
Haven't there been some tractors badged as Mahindra that were manufactured elsewhere? Someone please correct me if I've got that wrong. Kubota seems to be the most self-contained when it comes to manufacturing... neither buys nor sells finished equipment to be re-badged, although their engine division OEM's to many other manufacturers.

/ Who makes tractors? #14  
I guessing New Holland is the slutiest of the manufacturers. They have probably been bought, sold, exchanged, and slept with the most partners, lol.

Heh, well sometimes a foster child's behavior speaks to the degree of parenting. :rolleyes:

I'm getting another NH-Shibaura (T1520/110TL-QA) before the LS-made(?) Boomer line is all that's available. ('Last run', according to dealer) Kubo & Kioti would be my other choices, but I'm too old to repaint a whole tractor.:D

Who makes Branson? (yeah, ok, Branson ... :confused3:)

/ Who makes tractors? #15  
Speaking of Cat, they sell tractors under the Challenger brand that is a part of AGCO which sell Massey. Cat also used Ford axles on their backhoes and the original Cat Challenger large rear wheel rubber tracks were actually Ford New Holland Genesis tractor chassis with a rubber track undercarraige.
Some John Deere tractors are made up of components from Turkey, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Japan and China, but are assembled in the USA, kind of like a global "one piece at a time" tribute to Johnny Cash!

Cat did use Ford axles on BHL's until 2003 when they switched to Carraro. Carraro builds axles for almost everybody in some of their product line. Fiat keeps enlarging their share of CNH Global so someday they may have FPS (Fiat Power Systems) engines in everything. Cat used to use all Cat engines but now they use Mitsubishi, Shibura, Kubota and Fiat in addition to what used to be Perkins but it has been so long since Cat bought Perkins probably the only thing remaining the same is the trade name for engines they sell to competitors who don't want the name Cat on their engine. It is interesting to visit the different power train component manufacturers in Northern Italy and see all of the different colors and brand name plates on the products they build.

/ Who makes tractors? #16  
One of the main selling points for me on Kubota was that they are their own company. What they design they sell. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with a company buying it's engines or even letting another company doing all the work. It just seams to me that at any point in time the agreement could end or another mfg will undercut the price and a switch will happen. Or, like Bobcat, just stop selling tractors. It was an easy decision for Bobcat since they didn't have much skin in the game.

/ Who makes tractors? #17  
One of the main selling points for me on Kubota was that they are their own company. What they design they sell. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with a company buying it's engines or even letting another company doing all the work. It just seams to me that at any point in time the agreement could end or another mfg will undercut the price and a switch will happen. Or, like Bobcat, just stop selling tractors. It was an easy decision for Bobcat since they didn't have much skin in the game.

Double-edged sword, that one. If you have the strength (capitalization, management, engineering, production, marketing) to pull it off, being self-contained gives a great advantage. But you pretty much have not only your skin in the game, but all the rest of you as well. If any one of the critical pieces goes bad, you've got a huge investment in a business that's not working, and there's really no easy Plan B alternative. Takes major cajones to run a business that way.

/ Who makes tractors? #18  
Double-edged sword, that one. If you have the strength (capitalization, management, engineering, production, marketing) to pull it off, being self-contained gives a great advantage. But you pretty much have not only your skin in the game, but all the rest of you as well. If any one of the critical pieces goes bad, you've got a huge investment in a business that's not working, and there's really no easy Plan B alternative. Takes major cajones to run a business that way.

I agree. Kubota seams to have a wide enough product line to whether a storm or two without forgetting what made them. These large companies that branch into everything from ship building to appliances make wonder how committed they are to each product line. In this day and age bean counters rule. I would rather a company who's bean counting department says to stop making a model vs one that just says "sell that division".

/ Who makes tractors? #19  
Are there several brands of tractors made by one manufacturer? Or, made in the same factory?

I'm talking about under 100 hp tractors.

I've seen and heard hints that some are made by the same manufacturer, but branded differently.

For example, New Holland and LS tractors look VERY similar. Are they in fact the same?

Several years ago when I bought my New Holland TC45A, I looked at a CaseIH that seemed to be the same tractor, with a different color.

Right now, LS makes the NH Boomer 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50, and Case/IH Farmall 30B, 35B, 40B, and 50B models. They are the same machines sold by LS (various series J, G, and R). If you look at the data tags, they say LS MTron, same as an LS. The one difference is that NH and Case use a different loader that has more lift height, but less power (lift weight, and rollback force).

/ Who makes tractors? #20  
Some Mahindras are Mitsubishi and TYM

Some of the McCormicks are also LS.

Kioti is made by Daedong Industrial Company. They make others too like Bobcat, Landi and McCormick. They used to make the engines for Kubota.

I heard someone on here say it was transmissions.