Any manufacture take the best features and combine them?

/ Any manufacture take the best features and combine them? #1  

buildingup

Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Been shopping for a tractor lately and torn between the NH Boomer 40 (Yes I know about LS but fiance isn't sold) and the Kubota L4600. I like the bucket controls of the NW along with the seat comfort and visibility from the seat. On the Kubota I love the cab space and the rocker pedal for the HST since its so quick. Does anyone make a 40hp tractor with these features together?

NH Boomer 40
-bucket controls
-Visibility from seat
-Design of FEL arms (nice and tight to the tractor)
-Neatly ran lines for FEL

Dislike
-HST whine when going forward or backwards
-double pedal
-Cab space (6'4'' but still have plenty of room)
-Fuel tank location
-Rubber mate
-annoying beep from not engaging parking brake!!!

Kubota L4600
-Ground clearance
-no moaning from the trans
-rocker pedal on HST (instant forward to reverse and super smooth!!)
-Fuel tank location

Dislikes
-Can not stand loader control location
-No adjustable steering wheel (was fine for me but shorter people may want to have it closer)
-Visibility over hood
-Hydraulic lines laying on FEL frame on RH side
-Distance of loader arms away from side of hood
-Seat is not as comfortable

Sorry for the rant, just having a hard time picking one...

/ Any manufacture take the best features and combine them? #2  
Nope, if anybody built the perfect tractor, that's all anybody would buy.

The Kioti DK40SE would actually get rid of several dislikes from both lists, and while slightly more expensive than the LS, would be far cheaper than the NH or Kubota. It also has a beast of a loader, for it's class.

Not to be blunt, but most of what you're talking about is window dressing....not actual capability. Which one would better fulfill your expected tasks? For example, Kubotas are great machines, but they run on the light side. If you're going to use lots of ground-engaging implements, that becomes a factor. If not, it may be a plus....just depends.

In reality, most people have to temper wants with budget, while still accomplishing core tasks, but we can't know what those are in your situation....and most folks seem to wind up doing what they initially planned on, before asking for advice. I was pretty sure I was going to buy a Kioti the day I went to make the big decision.....didn't work out that way.

/ Any manufacture take the best features and combine them?
Sure would be nice to have that perfect tractor. I guess il take a look at the Kioti while peeking at the LS and to see what they can do.
Appreciate the heads up.

/ Any manufacture take the best features and combine them? #4  
You know that is the first time I can ever remamber anyone complaining about the wine on a NH (or LS) HST unit. Maybe I just don't remember. Maybe the one that you drove just wines, try another. I think I have heard of the Kubota HST wine (not a lot) but hearing is about the NH is kind of a supprise.

/ Any manufacture take the best features and combine them? #5  
I really despise the NH Boomer 40 or 50 tractors. If you really like/want that tractor, you would be better off buying it right from the LS dealer. Understanding the tractors are the same other than color and hood appearance, you should be able to get the tractor cheaper from the LS dealer plus get more standard features on the tractor that you would otherwise have to pay for on the NH Boomer 40 or 50. Now between the two tractors, I think the Kubota by far is a better tractor but of course the price might show that also. The only NH compact tractor I would even consider still purchasing are the newer 2013 Boomer 3040, 3045 or 3050 tractors. I think they are a much better tractor than the Boomer 40 or 50. That is just my bias opinion.

I really despise the NH Boomer 40 or 50 tractors. If you really like/want that tractor, you would be better off buying it right from the LS dealer. Understanding the tractors are the same other than color and hood appearance, you should be able to get the tractor cheaper from the LS dealer plus get more standard features on the tractor that you would otherwise have to pay for on the NH Boomer 40 or 50. Now between the two tractors, I think the Kubota by far is a better tractor but of course the price might show that also. The only NH compact tractor I would even consider still purchasing are the newer 2013 Boomer 3040, 3045 or 3050 tractors. I think they are a much better tractor than the Boomer 40 or 50. That is just my bias opinion.

Why is Kubota a better built tractor over the NH?

The L4600 I'm looking at has less options then the NH 40 but is still $2k more/less options of NH with a lower lift capacity. Why are the boomer 3040s better then the 40s?

Going to an LS would get me a higher lift capacity but an a couple other options but once those options are added to the NH and with financing the LS is higher in price overall

/ Any manufacture take the best features and combine them? #7  
Going to an LS would get me a higher lift capacity but an a couple other options but once those options are added to the NH and with financing the LS is higher in price overall

Just out of curiosity, what did you get for a quote on a Boomer 40 with FEL, dual remotes, rear work light, and 7-pin connector? I'm just curious to see the difference between the 40 and 50 since I'd ruled out the 40 by the time I got to getting a number from NH.

I'm also a little surprised about the HST whine comment...the only time I've really noticed it is in high range, if the throttle is too low....but there could be individual variations, as with anything noise related.

Just out of curiosity, what did you get for a quote on a Boomer 40 with FEL, dual remotes, rear work light, and 7-pin connector? I'm just curious to see the difference between the 40 and 50 since I'd ruled out the 40 by the time I got to getting a number from NH.

I'm also a little surprised about the HST whine comment...the only time I've really noticed it is in high range, if the throttle is too low....but there could be individual variations, as with anything noise related.

Don't have the quote near by but I do know without the dual remotes, work lights, and 7 pin quote was $36,797.90 (Tractor, FEL, 930GH backhoe [18" bucket], loaded tires, 3rd remote valve, and forks). LS was quoted at $36,529.40 with FEL, backhoe, remote, loaded tires, and forks.

Just got a price for a Kubota MX5100 for just above $37k so I will be going that route. Just waiting on paperwork to come through. Already planning on building a grill guard and movable stand for back hoe when I get it. Just need to start saving pennies for a grapple now...

/ Any manufacture take the best features and combine them? #9  
That sounds like a typical price on the NH....would be $40k with adding the rear remotes, etc.

Wow, that's a ridiculously bad price on the LS....not even in the ballpark. The base tractor is $20,500 with FEL (and all remotes, etc), the backhoe is $6,350, the third function should run a max of $1,500, forks are $750, and then whatever for loading the tires, but should still be just under $30K.

Good luck with the Kubota, they make good stuff, no question. R,

/ Any manufacture take the best features and combine them? #10  
You will not regret buying a Kubota. Guess how I know ;)