Out with the old, in with the new

/ Out with the old, in with the new #1  

rrsquid

Tractor
Case JX55
Although I've never asked a question here, I've followed all the advice and went with the best dealer in my area. Our 'old' 1466 was a great tractor. The sound of a turbo diesel is the best. But it was starting to develop too many little problems and some transmission trouble, so we decited to buy a new tractor. Since my inlaws farm we can sometime borrow implements so a 'compact' would be a little too small. Our choices were the JX55, TN55, 5xxx series. The New Holland/Kubota dealer has the feel of a used car lot. When we asked for a price the salesman said, "yeah, it's about $xx,xxx, I think." The Deere dealer never did follow up with any prices. Here's the photos of the old and new.

PS I'm posting here since the CIH forums don't get much traffic.

Attachments

• 304247-1466a.jpg
    304247-1466a.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 737
   / Out with the old, in with the new
Old #2

Attachments

• 304248-1466b.jpg
    304248-1466b.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 574
New #1

Attachments

• 304249-JX55a.jpg
    304249-JX55a.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 722
New #2

Attachments

• 304252-jx55b.jpg
    304252-jx55b.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 609
New #3

Attachments

• 304253-jx55c.jpg
    304253-jx55c.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 573
Last of the new.

I only have 1 hour so far, and we're going out of town this weekend. I'll try to answer any questions as soon as I get some seat time.

I'll get some closeups on request.

Mark

Attachments

• 304257-jx55d.jpg
    304257-jx55d.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 522
   / Out with the old, in with the new #7  
Good lookin' tractor, now if you can just keep the in laws from borrowin' it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Seems like I should know were Woodland is. Somewhere back of Simi, in the hills above the Santa Clara river? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Out with the old, in with the new #8  
A Man and His New Tractor! It just doesn't get any better than this! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know what you mean by the "used car salesman" mentallity. Had one of those at a somewhat local Kubota dealer - funny how everything he had in stock was just perfect for me, but nothing I asked about (and he didn't have) would work. Yeah, right. Took my $$$ elsewhere too!

Luckily I found a good Kubota dealer and I got what I actually wanted (insert shameless plug for Rioux Farm Equipment in El Campo, TX here)! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Woodland is just north of Sacramento, Woodland Hills is near Santa Clara. There's few hills here. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm trying to borrow the 'laws STX 450 Quadtrack. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mark

/ Out with the old, in with the new #10  
great looking tractor. but that old one did have some have some fine points. it looks like it was worked hard. what did u do with it?