John deere 4450 or duramax

/ John deere 4450 or duramax #1  

Jd5203

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 5203, John Deere 5083e
Hey guys, I'm 16 years old and am thinking of buying either a john deere 4450 or a duramax diesel. My dad has both a john deere 5203 and the duramax. We bought 300 acres of thorn trees this past year and so I need more hp but dad won't get one so thinking of getting one myself. What do you all think I should get.

/ John deere 4450 or duramax #2  
I would vote for the tractor because how on earth is a duramax gonna help you get rid of thorns, but im 43 and married. You on the otherhand are 16. Picking up girls for dates and just having fun enjoying your last few years before the real world hits you hard, i think a young man such as yourself should get the truck. I bought my first 140 hp MF at 17. I shoulda bought a truck.

/ John deere 4450 or duramax #3  
Vote duramax! I have a cclb on 37s with twin turbos and is a heck of a good time! Just please don't ask how to make it smoke more.

ForumRunner_20130501_220137.png

/ John deere 4450 or duramax
Thanks, don't really care about gettin into the work because I love doin it. I live on a 430 acre farm and work on a 2000 acre farm, wouldn't trade anything in the world to have them taken away, unless it concluded in getting another thousand acres a year.

/ John deere 4450 or duramax
True, I know there lots of fun, but it takes a good bit of money to get em the way you truly want em, plus with the truck I gotta pay for all my fuel and insurance to so that's a big reason the hard decision.

/ John deere 4450 or duramax #6  
I have a duramax and several tractors. I have run a 4450 and its a great tractor. My vote is get the 4450. If you take care of it you will have it forever. Don't forget there are tons of country songs about john deere like she thinks my tractor is sexy. My gf is coming over this weekend to drive one of mine. The tractor you can keep for twenty years and get about all your money back and may get more than you paid for it.

/ John deere 4450 or duramax #7  
I would go for the tractor. You will get much more use out of it and will get many years on it. Its nice to have a tractor with no payments not costing you a thing to sit there while a truck you pay insurance even if you drive it once a week.

You can always use your tractor as a vehicle. I did for a while.

/ John deere 4450 or duramax #8  
We had a 4450. It's basically a more modern 4440 which we still have and is a great tractor.

/ John deere 4450 or duramax #9  
Money earning tractor or money pit truck? Is that the question? :laughing: