Price Check How much can I negotiate on price?

/ How much can I negotiate on price? #1  

Mikek101

Tractor
JD/4410
I’m looking at a NEW John Deere 4410 with Backhoe, Bucket and Post Hole Digger. The local dealer gave me a price, which reflected some rebates.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifNow when I buy a new car I negotiate on the price. Is this the same with purchasing a tractor? I feel they have some wiggle room on price.

Thanks is advance for any help

/ How much can I negotiate on price? #2  
If you feel you have wiggle room then you really have already answered your own question. Be sure to get prices from several dealers and try to make some drives to dealers slightly out of your area and you will then have a better feel for the median price in your area. In my immediate metro area ALL dealers irrespective of color start at MSRP. A short drive out of the tri county alliance finds dealers start at 5-10% below MSRP.

/ How much can I negotiate on price? #3  
<font color="blue"> when I buy a new car I negotiate on the price. Is this the same with purchasing a tractor? I feel they have some wiggle room on price.
</font>

Do your research on JD's configurator website and procure the MSRP prices on the tractor, options, and implements you are looking for. Then, try to find and work with a dealer who will sell you the tractor package for at least 15% off MSRP. 20% is even better but these dealers and tractors are tough to find in many areas of the country. You should be able to do 15% which is a fair discount off MSRP.

...Bob

/ How much can I negotiate on price? #4  
If you are looking for a better price consider another color! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just teasing, nothing wrong with asking?? Good luck on your tractor purchase.
Nick

/ How much can I negotiate on price? #5  
Figure your price off of what the MSRP is. The rebates do not cost the dealer anything.

/ How much can I negotiate on price? #6  
Hello Mike,

I was pleasantly surprised at how my dealer came down on price after me "looking" for a week. I knew up front that I wanted his tractor but didn't let him know that. Also, go to a different color and get prices for the same HP tractor. I was amazed how the words "I really like the John Deere" made the Kubota guys come down and I'm sure it will work for you by telling the Deere guys how much you like a different color. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How much can I negotiate on price? #7  
If that works next time I'm gonna be a orange lover !