Hydro vs Standard Shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Hydro vs Standard Shift? #101  
Rat,
Maybe I have been listening to the wrong tractors, but every hydro that I have observed at work. I say at work, not just piddling around in the yard or driving around the property has had a constantly higher noise level than most gear tractors that I have observed. Maybe its just me but the constantly elevated rpm for a job is more annoying than the rise of the rpm only when needed. The non-consistent rpm that is used with a foot throttle is not as much of a over whelming noise as the constantly higher set rpm of a hydro (as when doing loader work). (Set rpm as in steady state, at the max that is need for the job at hand.)

The last time we went through this discussion, I said it was a discussion that I hoped no one would start again. Members get up set, mad, overbearing, and try to cram their view down other throats. This is not directed to any one person directly. This thread should be let die but it won't be, because of the passion that some have for trying to made everyone believe that their view is right. I really don't think that the original poster has benefited but for may be 10%-15% of the posts. Arguing and trying to cram ones personal views into others, do not help those that are trying to learn.

/ Hydro vs Standard Shift? #102  
Alright guys, sadly this one is going to have to end here.

Lots of good points made, but it seems there's too much debate over what is an opinion vs fact, and so on.

If you need more info on hydro vs gear, use the search function... this isn't the only thread with 100+ posts about it. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.