Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110 HST

Default Re: Which tractor for Groundskeeping at Plant?

I think I would look to see what your state highway uses, and you might get a good deal from that make. Just about any new tractor will serve your need. The different people on here will tell you the make they have would be best, but one will probably do as good as another. You need to talk to the dealers and see, who will give you the best deal and they will be the one working on it, if it gets to needing that.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110 HST

Also I agree with you, if you set your bushhog low enough and keep the blades sharp, it would do plenty good for the purpose. Less money for it and they really do a good job when sharp. Of course not as perfect as a finish mower, but close enough for what you said you need it for.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Here's my .02

Get a tractor, like you say 25pto hp or so.. that way you can get a 5' rotary cutter... I'll reccomend New Holland.. as that is what I have the most exp with. Get a TC 29D... get a 5' rotary mower ( perhaps not at the delaership.. farm store might be better price.. unless dealers makes a package deal for you ).
    Get the fel, and in my opinion.. ditch the finish mower... if you are cutting every 2 weeks, a brush hog will make a cut like a slightly shaggy lawn, if you mow alot... getting rid of that 5' finish mower saves 1000$ plus... a 6' finish mower is even more.. and those are prices of lighter units.. like King Kutter... no heavy duty mowers.

Good luck. Save the string trimmer and lawn mowers for the areas right around the sidewalk... Save the company some money, and maybee they will take care of the equipment.

Soundguy

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

King Kutter 6' finish mower is on sale right now at F&F for $995. Regular price is $1149.

Tractor
    none any longer

I think your budget is reasonable. A dealer near Dallas - Deen Implement - has a package deal with the kubota L3130HST, LA723 loader w/SSQA, Bush Hog 6' rotary cutter and a Bush Hog box blade all for $19,305.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40HST

I personally own a New Holland TC29D. If there are any specific questions that you might have about it, let me know. I own 50 acres of hilly land, half tillable and half woods. I take care of it with ease with this tractor. The TC24 was a bit small and underpowered for what I do, but would be great if you had say 20 acres or so. The TC29D and the TC33D are the same exact tractor except the engine. I highly recommend one of these machines. I Got my TC29D with a nice New Holland 7308 loader, and a 5' bush hog all for 17K, and that was delivered to my front door from NC!! Just drop me a line if you need any more info. My email is braddsn@pso.siu.edu.
    Good Luck!!

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

<font color="blue">I don't think that PowerTrac is really an option for us. We will have to send the unit somewhere for service (or have service come to us). A Power Trac seems like a nice unit, but from my understanding they are sold direct to the end user without a local dealer, so we would be on our own to do all of our maintenance and service work. Not a bad deal for the homeowner, but for an industrial user we would want to be able to have back-up/support from a reputable dealer.
    </font>

It would do everything that you need it to do and do it very well. Mow, brush hog, clear snow... all with front mounted implements. Very easy to operate so multiple users would not be a problem.

Unfortunately, I agree with you on the maintenance issues. If your company is not willing or able to take this on themselves, then a dealer supported product is required... or they could buy two of them [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    L4310hst-loader-hydraulic top link

At work two people cut grass full time during summer. The large tractors doing the big fields both are woods batwing mowers and the grass looks lawnmower cut. But they do have two sets of blades that they change out. So a rotary cutter can do the job if the blades are kept sharp. Heck my rotary cutters with sharp blades do an excellent job.

Inside the jail they cut with pushmowers and one john deere 935 mower.

Pushing snow in a parking lot can really be a chore. That is where I stay during snow storms at work. But I have to use a backhoe to keep the parking lot clean. Bad thing about any 24/7 operation is that there are always alot of cars to contend with. I would rather push it with an hst tractor than a shuttle shift tractor any day of the week but at work I don't have that option.

Hummm I guess in a nutshell, Billgnfromtx hit the nail on the head for a nice setup to look at. Compare it to the John Deeres of that same size and go from there.

Gordon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12