Comparison McCormick X10.30H (under 25hp) or McCormick X10.35H (over 25 hp)

/ McCormick X10.30H (under 25hp) or McCormick X10.35H (over 25 hp) #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
I went looking for reviews on these tractors, but found nothing. Can anyone shed a bit of information on them ? Forklift attachment with lift capacity of 1000 lbs is needed for the honey / beekeeping. Kyoti engines... the McCormick's seemed like a reasonable option for us.
My cousin is a high end tractor dealer (european stuff) but he also carries the McCormicks and Masseys in the smaller hp that I am looking for. I would love to support his business, it is 5 hrs away from me. There is a Kyoti dealer an hr away also, local repair guy might take it on as needed also. biggest concern that I have is that parts / shipping take a long time

I have been leaning on the Kubota BX 25 or the B3030 thus far, and have considered similar John Deeres also. (dealers are about an hr away)

Small acreage, bit of slope, want to level areas, and put fencing in etc. looking at 25 - 30 hp tractors
because I need walk through deck and hydrostatic trans (easiest for my mobility restrictions) the cheaper, older, used tractors generally won't suit us.

thanks for McCormick insight - your :2cents: appreciated, other ideas

/ McCormick X10.30H (under 25hp) or McCormick X10.35H (over 25 hp) #2  
The McCormick X10 series are Kiotis with red paint on them. The X10.30 seems to be the same ase the Kioti CK27, while the X10.35 seems to be the same as the CK35.

/ McCormick X10.30H (under 25hp) or McCormick X10.35H (over 25 hp)
Thanks, I'll start with that info.

/ McCormick X10.30H (under 25hp) or McCormick X10.35H (over 25 hp) #4  
A fork on the loader that lifts 1000 lbs would be pushing these x10 series, but might work for you. They should lift around 1200 - 1300 lbs or so. But you have to account for how far out in front of the pivot point the weight sits, and the fork/bucket weight comes out of that usually. A light fork on the 3ph will lift a bit more (~1500 lbs or so), but only a few feet high. They do make high lift 3ph forks, but they are generally heavy and require 2 sets of rear remotes. I do love the look of the red Kiotis. The next size up (40 hp) can give you a huge upgrade in lift capacity. BTW, I own a Kioti CK25 gear and it is a beast for its size. I have the inexpensive chain on forks that go on the bucket (McCormick I think has a different loader anyway), and I have lifted about 700 lbs off a tractor trailer about 1 foot in front of the bucket. Not sure I'd try to lift 1000 lbs on forks from the front end though. I think you'd be really pushing it to full capacity.

/ McCormick X10.30H (under 25hp) or McCormick X10.35H (over 25 hp) #5  
Since I have a Kioti ck27 I can tell you that the loader is NOT going to be able to handle your 1000 pounds reliably. You would need to go up one size in tractor for that weight. So the McCormick x10 is just a little too small for that. I can't help with Kubotas in that size. I have a Deere 2720 and 1000 pounds is too much for it too. You would have to go to the 3000 series which will lift 1600 pounds.

/ McCormick X10.30H (under 25hp) or McCormick X10.35H (over 25 hp)
more good info - thanks Gittyup & charleyfarmall

I was considering the McCormick forklift attachment that is a "quick" replacement to the FEL bucket, that way the unit is as close to the pivot point as possible. the 1000 lbs is max (and probably only occasionally), so I'll consider the actual need of that at purchase time for sure. not really wanting to overkill the purchase. it's all good ... a post pounder will be terrific also. thanks again:thumbsup:

/ McCormick X10.30H (under 25hp) or McCormick X10.35H (over 25 hp) #7  
I owned a CK30 and used a 48" set of pallet forks. You will lift 1000lbs a few feet off the ground, but no more. They are a beast of a tractor for the size and will, IMHO, give you WAY more tractor for the money than a B series Kubota, you'd have to look at the standard L line to compare (and I still thing you get way more).

Set up one more level to the DK40 (not sure the equivalent McCormick). My lift went from 1300# to 2700# and I can now stack the pallets I was struggling to lift. The list of upgrades is quite amazing for the money; 4 cylinder vs 3, independent PTO, FEL, 3pt cap., instrument cluster, steering brakes, draft control, dual pedal hst... etc. Also, Kioti (and therefor McCormick, Landini and Bobcat) have the HST creeping issue. You can look that one up here, lots of people discussing it. I would not buy another CK with HST because of it, but that's just me.

Parts are not going to be an issue, especially with a "local" Kioti dealer.

/ McCormick X10.30H (under 25hp) or McCormick X10.35H (over 25 hp) #8  
if they have a left over 30hp CT series tractor they are rated to pick up 2250lbs. they switched loader suppliers (now Woods branded) when they switch to Deadong sourced tractors and the new loaders are not rated as high on the smaller chassis tractor as they used to be. they are rated pretty good on the next chassis size up. the one you are looking at is rated for 1,672 lbs at the pins with 700lbs ballast on the back. McCormick x10 series go all the way up to 90hp so you should be able to find one that fits you. I have my eye on trading in my CT28 for a an X10.50h cab, but i don't think the wife will approve untill she finds a use for me having a bigger tractor.