John Deere 2720 Purchase

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #1  

mbgreenhouses

Tractor
Hopefully a 2720
Hello Guys,

I'm new member and hopefully a new owner of a 2720. But I have to check first before I sign on the dotted line. This will be a useful addition to our land and chores. Mainly the tractor will be used for mowing (hogging) and tilling. But loading will be in there as well. Could I get you thoughts on the quote given? Should I work the dealer more? One thing they did do when quoting was take the incentive off the tractor instead of the implements. Incentives were 500 to two implements and 500 off the purchase of the 2720.

JOHN DEERE 2720 4-Wheel Drive - 15,214.70
JOHN DEERE H130 NSL Loader - 3,375.00
JOHN DEERE 647 Rotary Tiller - 2,395.00
Frontier RC2048 Lift-Type Rotary - 1,778.00

Total - 22,762.70
Tax - 1,422.67

Grand Total: 24,185.37

Thoughts?

Thanks!

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #2  
I just purchased a 2720 with a 200CX loader (same as the H130 best I can tell), 62" MMM, and 48" Land Pride rotary cutter.

I paid $14,400 (taxes and everything listed above included) with trade-in of my 10 year old Kubota BX 2200. They showed $9500 on my Kubota, but I would say it was closer to $7k in hard dollars, so that would mean I bought the tractor outright for $21,500. The breakdown in pricing was like this:

Tractor: $14,450
MMM: $3k
Loader: $3k
Rotary Cutter: $1050

Personally, I would think you could get the price down another $1500 or so. But, keep in mind that the 2720's are discontinued, so they may be proud of it and want to hold out for all they can get since the new 2032R won't be in for a bit yet.

Best of luck!

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #3  
I would recommend you get the 200CX loader instead of the H130. When I checked back in Feb. this year I got a price of 18,500 or 18.600. for the 2720 with power beyond and the 200CX loader with bucket. I have a 673 tiller and it has been great but I think you can save some money and be well served with a King Kutter 48" tiller for about 1500 if my memory is correct. I am in New Mexico and usually get 15 to 18 % off of msrp as a general rule, some here say the discounts are not as good in the northeast.

Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of members with similar tractors and interests here,

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #4  
I would recommend you get the 200CX loader instead of the H130. When I checked back in Feb. this year I got a price of 18,500 or 18.600. for the 2720 with power beyond and the 200CX loader with bucket. I have a 673 tiller and it has been great but I think you can save some money and be well served with a King Kutter 48" tiller for about 1500 if my memory is correct. I am in New Mexico and usually get 15 to 18 % off of msrp as a general rule, some here say the discounts are not as good in the northeast.Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of members with similar tractors and interests here,
They aren't.

Tractors in MA. are a lot more money. There are several reasons for this. One is the toll roads and bridges to make the delivery, the other, is reloads for trucks coming out of the northeast..........the rate on the loads is really low, and sometimes, doesn't even cover the fuel cost.
But the truck has to move.

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #5  
The price doesn't seem too bad with those attachments, but one thing you might be interested in getting is a ballast box for the rear. I doubt the dealer will just throw that in, but if they don't, I'd at least have them load the rear tires for free.

What tires are you getting?

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #6  
Welcome to TBN:welcome:

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #7  
Not to sure on the pricing. But I would recommend the 655 tiller. I have that with my 2520 and it works great!

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #8  
Hi MB,
You might want to check out the Yanmar sx3100 listed on ebay, It is a twin to the jd2720 with a better warranty, Yanmar makes the 2720 for jd,
I can tell you the guy is great to deal with, he is who i purchased mine from. Worth a look if you ask me. I now have 30 hours on mine and love it perfect size machine. $17,900 for tractor, loader, and 60"mmm. oh yeah and no tax. You have any questions about dealing with him or the tractor feel free to ask me. I will get back to you as soon as i can.
Good luck with your purchase.

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #9  
That price is pretty good. Get them to throw in the counterweight bucket.
BuilderML - who would service the Yanmar for him if there was a warranty issue?

I use my 2720 on the farm as a lawn mower and utility tractor and it is a great little machine.

/ John Deere 2720 Purchase #10  
Hi MB,
You might want to check out the Yanmar sx3100 listed on ebay, It is a twin to the jd2720 with a better warranty, Yanmar makes the 2720 for jd,
I can tell you the guy is great to deal with, he is who i purchased mine from. Worth a look if you ask me. I now have 30 hours on mine and love it perfect size machine. $17,900 for tractor, loader, and 60"mmm. oh yeah and no tax. You have any questions about dealing with him or the tractor feel free to ask me. I will get back to you as soon as i can.
Good luck with your purchase.

I didn't realize how similar the Yanmar tractors were to the Deere till I went over and looked at the Yanmar. I think the only 4 differences are the seat, deck, color, and headlights.