Whats a better buy

/ Whats a better buy #2  
I would say the ford with the FEL .. parts still obtainable. Im not sure on the other one how much support you would have if you needed to find parts ?

/ Whats a better buy
How hard could it be to find parts for the other one.
Sorry for the ignorant question.

/ Whats a better buy #4  
Im not sure , check on the Shibaura forum and see how that model is and if parts are available.

/ Whats a better buy
Going Wednesday to see the ford.

Will keep you all posted.

/ Whats a better buy
Saw the ford... It is what it is. Started right up no smoke, FEL worked well but the only issue was when I would hit the brakes it sounded like the left side rotor was metal on metal. Any idea on how much that would be to fix.
Going to decide by Saturday.

Thanks in advance for the help.

/ Whats a better buy #7  
Saw the ford... It is what it is. Started right up no smoke, FEL worked well but the only issue was when I would hit the brakes it sounded like the left side rotor was metal on metal. Any idea on how much that would be to fix.
Going to decide by Saturday.

Thanks in advance for the help.

The Ford probably has dry brakes. If so they are noisy doesn't necessarily mean they are worn out. I think they went to wet brakes in the late 80's.

/ Whats a better buy
Hey guys do you all know if they still make parts for this ford.
That's my next biggest concern.

/ Whats a better buy #9  
the double reduction trumpets ARE wet brakes. saw them in 65+ models larger than 3000 etc.

i'd be surprised if brake parts are NOT available.

/ Whats a better buy #10  
The Ford looks like a good 'ol hoss of a tractor, but that loader looks permanently attached. Since you're mowing in places where your LS won't fit, is the FEL going to be any issue for turning or maneuvering? With my equipment, FEL on vs. off makes a big difference when mowing, even when in open terrain. The little Shibura sans loader would be more agile.