Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member

Default Re: GOING TO MAKE A PURCHASE , I NEED SOME ADVICE!!

Neighbor went through the same song and dance a couple of months ago. In the end bought a demo Deere 4610 hydro/loader MX5 and a little rider to do around the house. He tried all sizes from 20 hp up,and in the end the 4610 won out. I must say I was very impressed by it over the NH,Agco and Kubotas. I was not impressed with the 4310 though.

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

I spent a year looking at different brands of tractrors before buying. I had experience with kubota and have nothing but positive to say about the company.

I bought Century. Branson is the same thing. It came down to price for value. I felt I got more for my money with Century over the others.

I'm not going to bad mouth another brand, but I will say that a good dealer can make up some short comings of a bad brand.

Good Luck,
    Eddie

Silver Member
    Tractor
    nortrac 25 xt JD zeroturn 54", briggs mtr.

good morning....

see my posting, i have 10+ ac. but with trees and saplings...
    i looked at most including mahindra, decided on century, be sides they make some green ones too [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]....

really like the easy shifting, contrls and open deck.....

good luck...

gary

I've got a 30hp kubota and a 24hp New Holland and take care of about 11.5 acres. If I had to pick one of the other, I'd pick the NH, but only because the color is prettier and because I think it was a little better value for the money.

If you want 1 tractor to do the entire property, one of the NH TC29D's would be a very nice choice, you can go up in HP on the same frame a get a little more power (up to 33 or 35?) if you want, but sticking around the 30hp range seems about right. I have HYDRO on both of the above mentioned tractors, as well as my little Cub Cadet and would not recommend anything else unless you are a real farmer and looking to plow fields. I have an old OLIVER with a dual range manual transmission and that is now used for pulling a wagon load of kids or for parades. Buy the HYDRO, and if money is tight and you can't get 33hp with a hydro go down to a 29hp and get the hydro.

If I was you I would stick with the best dealer in the area and stick with one of the larger names (NH, JD, Kubota) although any tractor you are looking at is probably coming from a factory in Japan, Korea or India. The question is who has been around and will be around, who has the most parts in THIS country, who has a great reputation, etc. There are a LOT of good brands but I am a "belt & suspender" guy and I want support every way I can get it so if my tractor is stuck & broke out in the field I want to KNOW that it will be fixed, and fixed fast.

Comfort is a big issue. Ease of use is an issue. Some folks say you don't want, need hydro, but once you have it you will find out that it is a wonderful thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12