NEED DIESEL RIDING MOWER

/ NEED DIESEL RIDING MOWER #1  

855atty

Tractor
JD855
HELLO ALL!

I have gone through several gas mowers in the last 10 years and am disgusted in their performance. My latest gas ZT mower had so many "safety" interlocks that i would only get it started if everything was perfect. Meanwhile my '95 JD855 starts every time i turn the key even though its been through 2 hurricanes with 100+ mph winds that drove water through the caulking in my office windows and took my roof too! Went outside right after and the 855 just started right up--and helped my clean up.

Now i'd like to have a lawn mower that is a small diesel lawn mower to replace the MTD'S, JD'S, BADBOY'S, etc. I don't want to spend big bucks--just want a decent diesel. Something like or smaller than a boomer 1030, or Kubota B1750 if that's possible.

I tried to look at some websites but get really frustrated at the vast wastland out there.

Please give me some suggestions.

THANKS

/ NEED DIESEL RIDING MOWER #2  
What size deck do you want?

/ NEED DIESEL RIDING MOWER
I need to get through a 52 inch opening.

/ NEED DIESEL RIDING MOWER #4  
Kubota G3200, G4200, G5200, G6200. Among the best.

/ NEED DIESEL RIDING MOWER #5  
A 52" opening is the main limiting factor from what I have seen. Don't know of any current diesel mowers that will fit through a 52" space with out hanging up the chute/discharge. A lot of new garden tractors would fit but the mower decks will not, I have an x749 Deere with the 48" deck that I suspect would need about 54 to 55 inches but will measure it for you to be sure. I would sure consider making the opening wider if possible as that would open up a vast array of models to choose from.

Wolfy has suggested some older mowers that would fit through the opening that are diesel, good luck finding one in good shape.

Thanks Jenkinsph;

That opening has been my nemesis ever since i had that wall/fence built. I think a 48" deck might fit if i raise the chute flap--maybe. I haven't found a diesel with a deck that small--yet!!!

I'm gonna keep lookin.

Thanks!

/ NEED DIESEL RIDING MOWER #7  
My x540 with an "edge 54" deck pretty much is that width I think - the chute, I removed the spring so it can be flipped up without springing back, when I was using it as side discharge. Now I have mulching blades and deck kit, no need for a flap!

/ NEED DIESEL RIDING MOWER #8  
Thanks Jenkinsph;

That opening has been my nemesis ever since i had that wall/fence built. I think a 48" deck might fit if i raise the chute flap--maybe. I haven't found a diesel with a deck that small--yet!!!

I'm gonna keep lookin.

Thanks!

All the Deere x700 series diesels are available with a 48" deck IIRC.

Does Yanmar make the motors in the x700 Deeres? I've had alot of good luck with my 855 and it's just a one liter--little bit-- built like a tank. I just put 2.5 more hours on it today brushhogging.

I just want something smaller and light enough to not worry about crushing my septiic drainfield where the grass grows best.

Thanks everybody, I am still looking, although the Kubota GR 2120 looks good. Anyone know about that one?

/ NEED DIESEL RIDING MOWER #10  
How about a 20 year old deere 455 with 48" deck? It would be a great match to your 855!