Ag tires vs. Industral

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #11  
Granted it was just a baby TC18 instead of Papa TC40, but my NH dealer told me I could have whatever tires I wanted, Ag, Industrial or Turf, no difference in price. I took the Industrials. He had stacks of all the different tire & wheel combinations, all mounted and all labeled for which tractor they fit.

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #12  
Don,
My TC18 had the turfs already on it, but they said I could have any tire I wanted.

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #13  
Mannnn......I'd go back and offer that dealer the price you have talked LESS $400 if you can't get the tires you want. I believe he must have "seen you coming..." so to speak. You can order R1's and have them shipped to your door from a number of places for a lot less and have both the R4s and the R1s. I don't think I'd want to deal with this guy anyway. Guess what, if you take it the next time you want something he's gonna say "Oh boy!! He's back..." Personnally, if he didn't take the the $400 reduction so you could have both (order your own if he doesn't want to deal), I'd tell him that I an going to buy a tractor, but sorry to say it won't be from you. Just my 2 cents worth. BobG in VA

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #14  
Two years ago when I was shopping, I was quoted an extra $635 if I wanted Ags on a TC40. The strange thing was that it would have been $240 less to get Ag tires on the TC33D I ended up buying. I asked why, he had no answer other than it reflected their costs.

If you are pursuing other quotes for "replacement tires" as someone suggested, remember that the Ag tires and the R4's do not use the same rim.

John Mc

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #15  
<font color="red"> or does your dealer think you want "spare" ag tires with the mounted industrials </font>

Well someone is getting spare tires in this deal. I am thinking it's the dealer. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I would say that if you REALY want this tractor, and REALY want to shop this dealer, get it with the tires it comes with, and take the $800, and get your own AG's and wheels, and eather keep the r4's, or sell them.

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #16  
Although the tractor I bought last year was a different color (B7500HST), I would think the tire story shouldn't be that different. The dealer quoted a good price for the tractor/FEL and asked which tires I wanted - no difference in price................chim

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #17  
all the tractors i looked at , the dealer wanted more for the R4"s. or some offered either tire for the same$$$ . never more for ags!

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #18  
When I purchased mine I actually wanted the turf. The dealer told me I didn't want the turf and talked me into the Industrial. He told me the turfs and the Ag's were about the same price and the Industrials were about $200.00 more. He told me I could get what I wanted and when my tractor came in it came in with turfs. They took them off and bought a set of Industrials on.

Not sure I am happy with the turfs as far as my lawn goes but my neighbors tractor with turfs does damage to my lawn also. So I will stay with the Industrials.

murph

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #19  
Don't know if the same applies, but with heavy truck (semi) tires, the more rubber the higher the cost. Ag tires have less rubber than Industrial.
A waste hauler lug truck tire is less than a highway truck tire. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #20  
Before I purchased an MF 4225, I had several quotes for R4's instead of R1's

1. Kubota 4330 standard with R1, $800.00 to change to R4
2. Kubota 4330 standard with R1, no charge to change to R4
3. Kubota 4330 standard with R1, $400.00 to change to R4
4. John Deere 5000 series (my memory has failed to remember the model #), no extra charge for either type
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I don't know why some dealers charge extra and some don't, but the proof that it is a common practice is in these post's.

Most of the dealers did agree that the R4's were able to withstand more abuse than the R1's due to the amount of rubber on the ground. Short wide treads compared to tall thinner tread.

My tractor has 16.9 24 Galaxy 8ply R1's and other than a 20 penny nail I've never had a problem.

Just my experience