Ag tires vs. Industral

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #21  
I bought my JD 790 two months ago at a dealership. I wanted R-1's, (AG) and got them, especially after the dealer told me that R-4's (indust) were $300 more. Actually, he was estimating, seems like the actual number was something like 298.00.
My R-1's are 6 ply, and she is MFWD, for the record. I'd either call his bluff and politely request a reason for the higher price, or shop elsewhere. Your choice. I'd NOT pay what he's asking, but that is ultimately up to you...
C1

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #22  
I have a 790 and on the JD web site when you build a 790 the R-4s are $200. My dealer charged $200 as he should, if they charged more on a 790 they are screwing the customers.

I don't know how some of these dealers come up with these prices. It's like buying a new car and being charged $1500 for air conditioning when the manufacturer lists it as a $1000 option on their website.

I would be hopping mad if I got home with my new tractor/car and saw that.

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #23  
Both do the job. Get the cheaper ones and adjust to their abilities.

I have R4's on one tractor and R1' s on the other. Both fill up with mud in the rain and both tear up the lawn.

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #24  
( Both do the job. )

It depends on what the job is.If you want all out serious muddin/steep hill traction the R-1's win hands down.Believe me I have pushed em both to the extremes.But that is my .02 worth.Each tire has its advantage depending on the conditions and needs, /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #25  
When I was shopping for my L3010, one dealer quoted the same price for either R1's or R4's.The other dealer, the one that was less convienient for me to deal with, but the one I wanted to give my business to, wanted $400 more for R4's /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. I thought that giving my money- gee, it was cash, to the same guy that my father had spent plenty with was a good thing, I guess that doesn't matter, though- you know, repeat customers and referals. Anyway, after I brought him a quote from the other dealer and he called to verify that price, he VERY begrudgingly honored that price. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I didn't bother to complain that the other dealer would also fill the tires, n/c, I did that later myself. So, moral of the story, always shop around, don't put up with petty attitudes- IT IS YOUR MONEY!!!! no matter how hard a dealer tries to shame you into paying more.

/ Ag tires vs. Industral #26  
I don't recall the exact details, but when I saw the price to the dealer (Z-Plan) on my TC-40D, there was either no difference or something less than $200 difference to get R-4's. I cannot see any justification for the R-1's to be higher. The rim for the R-4s has to be beefier to support the higher loading and the R-4 tire has got more rubber. Bottom line - go to another dealer and get some pricing from them. Maybe yours has a TC-40 with industrials and just doesn't want to bother getting in different tires.