New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help!

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #11  
Hours can be changed and also disconected. So I wouldn't want to bet on a hour meter being the true time on one, sometimes its not.

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #12  
Cowboy that might be a high price in Idaho, but he's in central California. Nothing is cheap there. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #13  
I wouldn't touch it. You don't have much land to work, but who wants to buy a less than steller tractor. Look again at buying new. Financing is for 5 to 6 years and interest rates make it better than you might expect.

I was looking used. I thought I'd save some money and have a good tractor. Look closer! A 20 year old machine is too old unless you want old iron. Keep looking!

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #14  
Unless you have some particular reason to not believe the hours, Ie. Shifty dealer, broken hour meter etc. I personally would avoid a machine that old with that few hours. That means it sat a LOT and in my minds eye thats not a good thing. Based on our prices here thats high but then most used tractors are over priced in my opinion. Dave

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #15  
" 1 owner, has doc's with regular maintenance. Looks to be in great condition."

If it has receipts and "doc's" showing maintenance with hours and dates over The years, I would jump on it. It's hard to fake old maintenance records.

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #16  
Like you said you don't have much land to care for. So why would you want to buy new? You won't be in the farming business, and be makeing money with you tractor. So why spend that money on a new machine, when a used one will do you just as much good. If you were going to be running it 8 to 12 hours a day, it would be different. I would either buy this one or another used one. We can't see it, so we don't really know much about it. Like Norm says if it has the records, how can it be wrong, even if you have to do some little thing to it, it will still cost you a lot less than new and do all you want it for.

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #17  
A Mott flailmower is not a cheap mower, and if the box is actually a Gannon, that is a first class box. Together the used flail and box are worth $1000 or so. Delivery is worth something, and this price probably includes sales tax. So you are paying about $6500 for the tractor/loader with real low hours. If the condition matches the hours, it's a fair deal.

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help!
Well, I went ahead and took the deal.

I have been looking in my area for a while (3 months) and nothing compared. All the used tractors in my area I've looked at, looked very used with very high hours (2000+). Other than a little paint wear on the loader/scraper it looks brand new. I have no reason to distrust the seller about the hours. I got a very good impression from him.

They are actually Mott and Gannon unless someone put the time into putting stickers on them.

I'm satisfied with the deal. Cost me $160/mo. New would cost me around $200/mo and thats if I put $3000 down.

Thanks for all the input!! I used this site for most of my research.

One last thing. Anyone deal with Corrieher in NC. I'm looking for a tiller and they want $800 + for used ones around here and a new 47 inch Gearmore is $1796 incl Tax. Theirs are $950 + shipping.

Thanks again!!