New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help!

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #1  

Kipper

Tractor
Shopping
I have 2 ac in central CA. I am looking for a compact tractor to do misc work (mowing, tilling, leveling, road maintainence). I've looked at buying new but even with great financing, I need about $4,000 down to get in an affordable monthly payment.

Like I said, I'm new to tractors so I'd like some opinions on the "deal" I was offered for $8,100 out the door including delivery.

1981 Ford 1300 4x4 (293 hrs)
Ford 770 FEL
4 ft Gannon scraper
4ft Mott Flail Mower

Saw it and drove it today. It was suposedly only used to clean stalls. 1 owner, has doc's with regular maintenance. Looks to be in great condition.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #2  
I looked up tractor information and looks like it was made from 1979 to 1982 and is a 16hp tractor. The tractor sold for around $6,200.00.

I don't know about pricing from where your located but two years ago I purchased a TC21D with Hydro 4 wheel, Loader, 60" bucket and 60" Mid Mower for less than $13,500.00

The hours on it is very low. But have you looked around at other tractors in your area to compare with or is this your first one. If it is your first one then someone from your area has to help you out here on the price. If you have looked at a bunch of other ones then you should have a feel if it is worth it.

Sorry I could not be of more help

murph

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help!
I've looked localy at a new Kubota, New Holland and JD. None of the dealers will BUDGE from MSRP. Here's what Ive been quoted localy, includes 7.25% tax:

BX 1500 w/FEL, Gearmore 47" tiller & 48" rotary cutter $13,957

JD 2210 W/FEL, 4' cutter, 4' tiller $13,492

TC18 w/FEL $13,778

TC21 w/FEL $16,302

I live in the WRONG place to get deals on ANYTHING!

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #4  
http://www.davestractor.com Here is a good dealer in Red Bluff, Ca. Or is that too far away from you. He has some good tractors new and used. And I believe he would treat you right.

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #5  
Tractor, loader, flail mower, and what I guess is a grader blade. Sounds like a good deal to me. I paid $4600 for a Mitsu D-1800 and a tiller. If you are sure it is in good shape, and the implements are also, buy it.

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #6  
wish i could help! but the price of used tractors (also new) i s very dependent on the area and the time of year, of the purchase. sometimes u just have to go with your gut feeling. just being honest. but it sounds like an ok deal.

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #7  
Check out this.... machinerylink

It's kind of a rough figure, but they show just over 4k for just the tractor. Now I am sure others out there can give you a better idea on what the attachments are worth, and prices vary from area, to area, and time, to time, but kind of gives you a starting point.

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #8  
Yes definately go to the machinery link. I found that site VERY helpfull in the past when trying to get a feel for used machine prices.

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #9  
That's pretty high for that tractor. If the dealer in your area are not willing to do there are alot of dealers around the country that are and will ship to you.

/ New to tractors is this a good deal? Please help! #10  
293 Hours... That is only .25 hours a week over the 22 years. Does not seem like much. Must be in great shape.