Ford 1920 Questions

/ Ford 1920 Questions
Made an offer and he accepted!!! He offered free delivery which is a big deal since I don't have my own trailer yet and it is a 40 minute one way trip.

RickB could you help me in identifying what parts I need to buy to fix the 4wd lever? Obviously I will pull it apart and inspect first to make sure that is the problem but it sounds somewhat common.

JMC I am going to send you a PM on the manual and parts!

Now the question is....what fluids should I replace when I get it? Is there any type of "spring cleaning" I should do to make sure I am starting off on the right foot? Coming from my buick grand national days I am hoping someone compiled a short list of things to go through and check/replace.

I feel good about the purchase and I like how tractors tend to hold their value...I cry myself to sleep when selling off racing parts as they devalue 40% as soon as the money hits the counter.

Pics to follow when I get it and thanks for all the advice!!

Thanks again,
Joe

/ Ford 1920 Questions #23  
i ALWYAS start with a full change of fluids and filters.

new crank case oil ( 15w40 c rated ). new front axle, power steering and trans/diffy/hyds sump oil. .. a utf meeting m2c134d spec.

new fuel and air and oil filters.

check rad fluid.. if it's not brand new green looking.. change.

/ Ford 1920 Questions
Here is a picture as promised! I am gonna get my hands on all the fluids/filters and get it freshened up. I removed the angle iron windshield holder on the front and the chainsaw mount on the back and I'm gonna replace those.

Any suggestions on places to get all the filters? I see the oil filter is from NAPA.

Suggestions on fluids?....I need to get a manual!

Ford.jpg

/ Ford 1920 Questions #25  
15w40 c rated oil for crankcase.

utf fluid meeting m2c134d for the front axle, power steering and rear/hyds/tranny etc..

likely a napa 1452 fits the oil.. 1515 as well.. can't help you on the air filters... always got them rom cnh. same with hyd filters.

/ Ford 1920 Questions #26  
I was reading about the 1920 once. It was the author's opinion that the 1920 was the best tractor ever sold by Ford.
Now I don't know if that's true, but IMHO it is a great little tractor. I think you will really enjoy it.

Good luck, Bill

/ Ford 1920 Questions #27  
they are sure great. i miss mine...

/ Ford 1920 Questions #28  
Nice tractor! I know I'll never get rid of my 2120.

FWIW, my 2120 has 2 drain plugs on the oil pan, one on each side of the "cutout" for the front driveshaft. Not sure if the 1920 is that way, you might want to check as you need to drain both side of the pan.

Ed

/ Ford 1920 Questions #30  
SBA052109076 o-ring
SBA398210460 spring
SBA398210880 spring
86624944 ball
SBA322990841 gasket
SBA324710563 housing
SBA399567640 plate
All parts are quantity 1 (one).
Should total less than $200 excepting package quantity issues.
Have your serial number and tractor unit number ready and be sure all these part numbers apply to your tractor's build date and seriel number range.