Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Case DX45 Cab, Case JX95 Cab, Case 5140 Cab w/FEL

Default Re: What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?

Quote Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
    A lot would depend on whether you want a dedicated mower...
    No I want a tractor, as I do need to use it for plugging, broadcast spreading, and an occasional rock rake or posthole augur.

So does everyone agree the kubota Grand L5740 hstc is pretty much top of the heap for compact tractors right now?

Do Turf Tires really ride noticeably better than industrial tires?

Thanks for all the responses.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

you will need an aftermarket seat in that L5740, the stock seat is not sized for a large man, is squeaky and plain unpleasant, bottoming out
    on large bumps. I have a Michigan seat going in to replace mine. Really, the seat is no prize, JD is better here, but it's swappable so not a big deal to me. It's the stuff you can't change out, that you will enjoy/endure for all time that's more important.

As far as I know, no tractor mfg has a decent stereo from my observation. It's always
    aftermarket, since few users want one. But I do, Kenwood plus Polk going in soon. Actually the best would be a set of headphones patched directly into the head unit. I'd spend money on a good noise cancelling headphone if heat isn't an issue; even with a/c they can get hot after a while. The 5740 is fairly quiet inside but quiet is relative, I still wear headphones at times when mowing.

The diesel fuel tank is way up top on the 5740 and hard to fill particularly if you have a loader. With just a mower, probably ok if you are strong.

Lastly, the 5740 with R4 tires is a hard ride, rough even after I took some air out of the rears. So if you can use other tractors in the dirt, then yes to turf tires, the ride improvement has to be significant.

Make sure you look at JD and Massey Ferguson alternatives; their cabs are nice too. If you can get an economy pto option, that would be super helpful for mowing.

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

When are the new GrandL line going to be out,the 60's? I seen them on RFD-TV remember them saying cab going to be alittle bigger and few other new features don't them exact.

Tractor
    Toolcat 5610 F. Bobcat V417 Versahandler. TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by mudking View Post
    No I want a tractor, as I do need to use it for plugging, broadcast spreading, and an occasional rock rake or posthole augur.

So does everyone agree the kubota Grand L5740 hstc is pretty much top of the heap for compact tractors right now?

If you want the best ride, and best maneuverability, Cat 1 three point and PTO, Pressurized cab with A/C and heat, FEL that will lift 3,000 pounds, This is it!

Bobcat Toolcat 5610, 5' wide, 4 wheel independent suspension, 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer, skidsteer quick attach plate on the front end loader.

Here are some pictures of mine, right click on the picture to open in new tab or window.

What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?-p1060001.jpg What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?-p1300004.jpg What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?-p3130013.jpg

8' box blade.
    What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?-p3180001.jpg What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?-p3180008.jpg

7' brush hog.
    What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?-p4120002.jpg What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?-p4010029.jpg What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?-p4010050.jpg

Bobcat's pictures of the front mower, they have a 90 inch. Put the boom in float to use the mower.
    What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?-getimage-large-.jpg What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?-109_5600-large-.jpg
    http://www.bobcat.com/utility_machin...t/toolcat_5610

http://www.bobcat.com/attachments/mower

If you need down pressure on the posthole digger, get one for the front.The one you have now should work on the back.

I didn't order the factory stereo, so can't comment on that, the cab is quieter than my V417.

More on the front brush hog: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/t...ing-brush.html
    Last edited by Xfaxman; 05-14-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Added links to Bobcat 5610 and mower attachment.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

I think the 5740 and 4520 are very similar competitors but you need to try out both to see which one you like the best. I have been very satisfied with the overall 4520 cab but others here with the 5740 feel likewise.

The premium turf tires will ride better but more importantly will be a better choice for the lawn.

Both of these higher hp compacts will work well for your uses and air seats along with the epto will help with the ride noise levels. Don't know the rpm of the Kubota in epto mode but the Deere 4520 and 4720 turn 1740 rpm in the epto mode. That reduces the noise level quite a bit and I am sure that both brands would be similar in this regard, if you need the additional power you can choose the higher output setting as needed.

Tractor
    Toro D200, Ford 1715, International 884,

If you want a belly mount mower, then you may look at some Kubotas and Deeres with the features you're looking for.

If you choose a 3 pt mower, you may choose to look at mower options before buying the tractor.
    Rear flail Mowers
    Side Flail Mowers
    Tow behind batwing mowers
    Etc.

A large 15 foot mower will eat up HP very quickly, and anything hanging off the side might be more comfortable with a larger tractor.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I really like our 5740, but also liked the 4520 JD, a flip of the coin for many. I am putting a Grammar air ride seat in our this summer and the replacement L6060 offers an air ride as an option in addition to having the brake on the left, fuel tan and filter low, larger cab.

http://www.toplinetrailers.com/documents/L60.pdf

I am not all that familiar with other brands, but would look at them.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

Haven't sat in the smaller estate style tractor cabs but in my experience with Ag tractors deere makes the best cab for visibility, noise and comfort. I have operated AGCO, White, Ford, Case, IH, and non of them where close to the John Deere of the same vintage.

For ride comfort wider and longer wheel base is best. For maneuverability typically shorter wheel base is best. Since R4's are known to have stiff side walls I would expect turf tires to provide a better ride but do not have first hand knowledge of this.

my
    Artificial Intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.

Branson 2400H MMM & FEL

JD 112

BX1850 gone but not forgotten

Tractor
    Case DX45 Cab, Case JX95 Cab, Case 5140 Cab w/FEL

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    ...L6060 offers an air ride as an option in addition to having the brake on the left, fuel tan and filter low, larger cab...
    I went and priced a L6060 today. What does "fuel tan and filter low" mean?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I went and priced a L6060 today. What does "fuel tan and filter low" mean?
    Not a clue, nothing like that on my L5740.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast