Buying Advice What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?
   / What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #22  
I was quoting your post. Perhaps it's a typo... (?)

:eek::eek: You wouldn't believe it but proper writing and proof reading others' reports use to be a big part of my job.

"Low fuel tank and and filler." The filler on the L5740 is on the hood which is a bear to fill with a 5 gallon can. The fuel tank on the 60 Series is mounted under the platform and fuel filler is down there too; sorry.

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?
Thanks! That's good to know. That seems like a good improvement in location !

Who can tell me the difference between "Galaxy", "LSW Turf", and "Turf" Tires as offered by Kubota. Again, my use is on Fescue, and the few steep spots I have to deal with can be avoided when wet.

Thank you all for helping me!

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #24  
I went and priced a L6060 today. What does "fuel tan and filter low" mean?
Is that a fuel tank?

It would make sense to design a tractor that was easy to refill with Diesel (or gasoline). Some of the smaller tractors locate the tank just under the hood. This would be an ever bigger pain with a cab tractor.

From the PDF, it shows the fuel tank below the step, although the filler neck isn't clear.

Kubota.jpg

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #25  
Thanks! That's good to know. That seems like a good improvement in location !

Who can tell me the difference between "Galaxy", "LSW Turf", and "Turf" Tires as offered by Kubota. Again, my use is on Fescue, and the few steep spots I have to deal with can be avoided when wet.

Thank you all for helping me!

http://www.toplinetrailers.com/documents/L60.pdf

look towards the end of this factory brochure and you will see pictures of the three types. I believe the standard "turf" tire is what you
want, the two others are either special purpose high flotation or golf course tires I believe.

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #26  
daugen,
Curious why would you suggest the standard turf tires over the high floatation tires? I would think the "ultimate Estate mowing tractor" should have high floatation tires as this will be used repeatedly to mow the lawn.

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #27  
I certainly could be wrong here, but the OP's property is not flat, and I assumed he'd need some traction in certain areas and in not perfect weather, though one doesn't usually mow in the rain. On a light compact tractor, I would not think the standard turf tires would dig up a lawn.
My Case IH came with Bridgestone "pillows" which seem to be a cross between turf and high flotation. It had great traction, but I needed to work in the dirt so I switched to ag tires.

I think it's all about how much traction you need and how wet your property is. As far as ride, might have more to do with psi in the tires vs. reg and high flotation, but I'm just guessing here. Plus aren't high flotation tires physically wider, so that might be a consideration in tight quarters.

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #28  
Is that a fuel tank?

It would make sense to design a tractor that was easy to refill with Diesel (or gasoline). Some of the smaller tractors locate the tank just under the hood. This would be an ever bigger pain with a cab tractor.

From the PDF, it shows the fuel tank below the step, although the filler neck isn't clear.

View attachment 317927

I can't find the link, but someone posted one in which it showed the filler under the right side of the platform and the right side step has been eliminated. we work in the woods quite a bit and the steps on our 5030 and M8540 as well as our previous Case CX80 have been bent, so I personally don't care for the low mounted tank. We use an above ground tank to fill, so it is not a problem with the filler up high, but it sure was when we were using five gallon containers. The tanks are suppose to be rupture resistant, so time will tell.

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #29  
Why would you use a big machine like a 5740 to mow grass with? I would think a Jacobson or a Ventrac would be much better. Never mind As Rosanna anna danna would say. I just read he wants a tractor.

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #30  
Hi folks,

I'm finish-mowing about ten acres with a Case DX 45 cab now, it has a 93" Morino 5-blade finish mower 1/2 the year and a plugger and occasional broadcaster on it the rest of the time. It's the smallest of my three tractors, the others being a Case JX95 cab for general ag use and rough mowing, and a Case 5140 cab with a loader and 9-foot hydraulic backblade. I'm in the rougher foothills of Northwestern Piedmont NC on land that features hills, bumps, and the occasional bone-jarring divet.

My DX 45 has just under 700 hours and I want to trade it for the ultimate mowing tractor.

I want top-quality and slick perfection in creature-comfort: the AC, the audio-system, the lights, the ride, the transmission...

What's the best of the best for this purpose these days?

All input appreciated.

Thanks!

Mudking, have you ever driven a machine with an out front mower?

Any comments from those who have?