Buying Advice What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ?

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #1  

mudking

Tractor
1991 Case 5140 Cab MFD w/FEL, 2001 New Holland TN 75D Cab, 2006 Case JX95 Cab MFD, 2022 Yanmar YM347 open-station, FEL.
Hi folks,

I'm finish-mowing about ten acres with a Case DX 45 cab now, it has a 93" Morino 5-blade finish mower 1/2 the year and a plugger and occasional broadcaster on it the rest of the time. It's the smallest of my three tractors, the others being a Case JX95 cab for general ag use and rough mowing, and a Case 5140 cab with a loader and 9-foot hydraulic backblade. I'm in the rougher foothills of Northwestern Piedmont NC on land that features hills, bumps, and the occasional bone-jarring divet.

My DX 45 has just under 700 hours and I want to trade it for the ultimate mowing tractor.

I want top-quality and slick perfection in creature-comfort: the AC, the audio-system, the lights, the ride, the transmission...

What's the best of the best for this purpose these days?

All input appreciated.

Thanks!

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #2  
Here is one with a cab and A/C, a 6' deck, but would be faster than a rear mount larger deck.

GM360-Story-Images-2.jpg toro-groundsmaster-360_294_1.jpg

Toro | Groundsmasterョ 360 Quad-Steer

Last edited:
   / What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #3  
mudking,
A compact tractor with a good cab will be the most comfortable imo. I would look for a quiet cab if you wan't the tunes to sound good. Don't have experience with your Case but recommend you check out the cabs and noise levels on the upscale compacts, my 4520 cab is quiet enough I don't hear 18 wheelers passing me at 65 mph. I also would check out the 5740 HSTC which has a nice transmission and cab. I have an x749 which is a nice mower but isn't in the league of what you are looking for and don't think most mowers will be either. When you consider most campus/golf course mowers are built for employees' to operate that will not be in your favor.

With an assortment of tractors I would also recommend you take the time to smooth out the lawn areas as this will look better but also make it easeir and faster to mow. Might reduce your mowing time 30 to 40%.

The premium turf tires would be my choice and should soften the ride a bit too.

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #4  
A lot would depend on whether you want a dedicated mower.
Your BUDGET (what does "ultimate" mean)
Storage capabilities?

How frequently do you cut?
Flat?
Hilly? You mentioned some hils. How steep? How is your traction typically?

I'd look at the Golf Course "Rough" mowers. As Xfaxman mentioned, some of the Toro Groundsmaster mowers would be worth looking at.

Toro | Groundsmasterョ 5910 (31599)

Groundsmaster-5910GM5910_31599.jpg

Jacobson also makes some professional golf course mowers. Deere also makes some golf course mowers. Although many of the ones I'm seeing listed are open air without a cab.

Sorry, I don't know about audio, AC, and etc.

You might also check out what your local government has. They often have deep pockets (who's money?).
Often they'll have a dedicated tractor with flail mowers. Perhaps a front or rear mower + 1 or 2 wing mowers.

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #8  
I thought part of what he wanted was a cab.

Perhaps you need to find a Minneapolis Moline model UDLX & an old sickle bar mower.

copy-of-mpls-moline-udlx.jpg

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #9  
I've been happy with my Kubota B-3000

DSCN4309.jpg

/ What's the ultimate Estate Mowing tractor ? #10  
GrandL 5740 hst (turfs) with 15ft flex-wing finish mower I think would be a nice set-up. As for audio would get it without radio and drop it off at closest stereo shop or order and do it all yourself. Haven't heard to many factory systems sound that great,I added radio,kicker mids and 8in. Amplified sub behind seat myself in my 7040.