Thinking of Buying

/ Thinking of Buying #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Thinking of buying a new Ventrac for grass cutting and snow blowing. Need something easy to change attachments on and if I switch want a diesel.

/ Thinking of Buying #2  
Apparently, nobody cares, so I say go ahead and buy it. :laughing:

Could try the Lawn and Garden forums area.

/ Thinking of Buying #3  
Might help if we knew what your questions were, and wome of your thinking for making that kind of switch. Would you be trading the DK or the MF or the Simplicity? IIRC the Ventrac is very good on hilly terrain, but is kinda pricey and doesn't have much in the way of local dealer support. Having the implements out front where you can see them is pretty cool, not to mention you don't run over as much hidden stuff with the tractor or compact the ground before the tool encounters it.

/ Thinking of Buying
Might help if we knew what your questions were, and wome of your thinking for making that kind of switch. Would you be trading the DK or the MF or the Simplicity? IIRC the Ventrac is very good on hilly terrain, but is kinda pricey and doesn't have much in the way of local dealer support. Having the implements out front where you can see them is pretty cool, not to mention you don't run over as much hidden stuff with the tractor or compact the ground before the tool encounters it.

Would be trading in the Simplicity cause I can't put on the mower deck by myself anymore and tired of begging people for help.

/ Thinking of Buying #5  
Sorry to hear that Murphy.

I don't know how easy the drive-over JD decks are to use, that's another possibility that could be had with a diesel. And I think Kubota BX series has drive-over decks now too. Not sure about that.

A Power-Trac like MossRoad has looks like the homeowner versions are gas only. But they do look easy to change implements on. Moss would tell you.