Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,350
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc

    Quote Originally Posted by pjbci View Post
    Yall must have some light soil out there. Would love to till it someday, just to see it. Here in south MS i went over 120 acres yesterday and 90 today with a 21 ft disk behind a 180pto hp tractor because the soil is so wet and heavy i didnt figure i could pull my bigger disk fast enough to do a good job. I was right 21 ft is all i can pull throught that dense wet clay until it dries some.
    I have a sandy loam soil with little clay in it, rocks can make it harder to till but nothing like heavy clay.

    I once drilled a hole with an auger at the Dixie Springs flow wells and was able to unwind a single piece of clay the full length of the flutes on the bit.

  2. #12
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    190
    Location
    west central IL
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520

    Default Re: 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc

    Quote Originally Posted by pjbci View Post
    Yall must have some light soil out there. Would love to till it someday, just to see it. Here in south MS i went over 120 acres yesterday and 90 today with a 21 ft disk behind a 180pto hp tractor because the soil is so wet and heavy i didnt figure i could pull my bigger disk fast enough to do a good job. I was right 21 ft is all i can pull throught that dense wet clay until it dries some.
    Depth will make a difference too, if your just disking to cut out weeds, it doesn't take as much, but if your really wanting to grind the dirt up, then yeah, it would pull a bit harder.

  3. #13
    Platinum Member pjbci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    712
    Location
    Summit. Ms
    Tractor
    JD 4840, 450j, 310, komatsu D31px22, IH 1486, MF 135, MHF TO35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roush9799 View Post

    Depth will make a difference too, if your just disking to cut out weeds, it doesn't take as much, but if your really wanting to grind the dirt up, then yeah, it would pull a bit harder.
    True. I pull everything "wheels up" or all the way down. If the tractor wont do this then i dont consider it "pulling" it, or a good match for tractor and disk.

  4. #14
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,743
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc

    Quote Originally Posted by pjbci View Post
    True. I pull everything "wheels up" or all the way down. If the tractor wont do this then i dont consider it "pulling" it, or a good match for tractor and disk.
    If a tractor can't make use of the implement at the implements full capacity, then the implement is to big for the tractor IMO. All of our disks are small compared to what we are talking about in this thread. A 6', 8' & 12' all with 22" disks. I pull these with different tractors, all axle deep on the 2nd pass. and yet I read on here every year about how wide a set of disks that these people pull with much less of a tractor than I use. I am still trying to figure out how a person with a 6000lb tractor with 60 hp pulls a 14'-16' disk when with my 10,000lb 75hp tractor there are times when the 8' disk is all it wants.

    I guess it is like some of the granite rocks that I see some of these guys pick up and move with a 2500lb rated loader. They are as big or bigger than what I can move with out 580 CaseTLB with a 6000lb lift rating. Either all my equipment is just JUNK, or the granite at our property is much heavier that the granite at other peoples places.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that anyone is lying, just that conditions and circumstances are different all over.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  5. #15
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,350
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc

    Brian,
    I think throwing out disk widths is somewhat meaningless without knowing the weight, amount of set and ground conditions. My experiences with disks and tractors is similar to yours in that I have been able to pull smaller sizes than some of those shown by others.

  6. #16
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    190
    Location
    west central IL
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520

    Default Re: 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc

    Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    Brian,
    I think throwing out disk widths is somewhat meaningless without knowing the weight, amount of set and ground conditions. My experiences with disks and tractors is similar to yours in that I have been able to pull smaller sizes than some of those shown by others.
    True, Deere's used to run 9" spacings and international ran 7" so you had more blades per foot on the IH. Also, the gang angle will affect how hard it pulls too. Some can be adjusted.

  7. #17
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,350
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc

    Quote Originally Posted by roush9799 View Post
    True, Deere's used to run 9" spacings and international ran 7" so you had more blades per foot on the IH. Also, the gang angle will affect how hard it pulls too. Some can be adjusted.

    Agreed, the amount of work done by the disk is the crux of it. If the blades have alot of set, weight/blade is high and ground speed is correct it can take alot of hp and tractor size to get it done.

  8. #18
    Silver Member bigblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    169
    Location
    SW Georgia
    Tractor
    JD 5105M

    Default Re: 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc

    I disked some last year with a 7810, w/rear duals, pulling a 24' and didn't have any problems. In broke ground it was about all that tractor wanted though. I spent more time with a 8430 and a 32' disk. The 8430 had duals front and rear and the difference between the two tractors was the 7810 would would run out of power, the 8430 would run out of traction.

  9. #19
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,743
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc

    Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    Brian,
    I think throwing out disk widths is somewhat meaningless without knowing the weight, amount of set and ground conditions. My experiences with disks and tractors is similar to yours in that I have been able to pull smaller sizes than some of those shown by others.
    Exactly, when little to no info is given, other than an xx wide disk and I want to pull it with zz tractor and that's if the tractor is mentioned at all. It is impossible to make a correct assessment.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Pulling a 10 ft. disc
    By Huntermax-4 in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 08:46 AM
  2. Pulling a Disc
    By drivadesl in forum Attachments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 10:15 PM
  3. DK55c pulling disc
    By psuedofarmer in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 01:30 PM
  4. Pulling disc with e hydro
    By SCDolphin in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 08:47 AM
  5. pulling offset disc
    By hudr in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 12:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.