Tractor Sizing 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc

/ 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc #1  

tractorguy719

Tractor
john deere 7800, 7810, 4020, 310sg
I am wondering if my john deere 7810 will handle pulling a 26 ft disc

/ 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc #2  
Thats mighty wide for a 150 pto hp tractor. What model disk did you have in mind?

/ 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc
john deere 331 thanks for the reply

/ 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc #4  
Will the dealer or owner let you try it out before you buy it?

Im guessing they would. Thats a good idea thanks

/ 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc #6  
We used to pull a 24 footer with a 4440 and a 4450. Does it have front wheel assist? That would help, we didn't have it on those two tractors. I'd say you'd be fine if your not on really steep ground.

Thanks a lot roush The tractor is fwa. Our ground is really flat so I think Ill give it a try Thanks again

/ 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc #8  
Seems like FWA adds quite a bit of pulling power to a tractor. We used to have all 2wd tractors, now we only have the 4440, a 4240, a 6410 and a couple of 4020's around. The rest all have fwa. Like I said, you should be able to pull it with ease then. A 7810 has more power than the 44XX we had. We had a 4455 that was fwa and I know it would pull a disk that big.

/ 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc #9  
I would try it for sure, I have found the soil in New Mexico and Colorado to be easier to till than in other locals with very dense clay soil. pjbci and myself have both tilled in his locale and it would take alot more tractor to pull the same disk in Summit MS. Living in New Mexico I seldom have the traction and wheel spin issues using the same size and models of equipment that I used in the deep south.

/ 7810 pulling a 26 ft disc #10  
I would try it for sure, I have found the soil in New Mexico and Colorado to be easier to till than in other locals with very dense clay soil. pjbci and myself have both tilled in his locale and it would take alot more tractor to pull the same disk in Summit MS. Living in New Mexico I seldom have the traction and wheel spin issues using the same size and models of equipment that I used in the deep south.

Yall must have some light soil out there. Would love to till it someday, just to see it. Here in south MS i went over 120 acres yesterday and 90 today with a 21 ft disk behind a 180pto hp tractor because the soil is so wet and heavy i didnt figure i could pull my bigger disk fast enough to do a good job. I was right 21 ft is all i can pull throught that dense wet clay until it dries some.