Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872

/ Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872 #1  

keegs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5640SUD
I need something to cut around the perimeter of my two hay fields, down either side of the driveway and out along the road. The grade is mildly undulating with some steeper slopes here and there.

Got a price on a Land Pride RCR1872 yesterday. It's available on the lot, price $2400.

What was you experience with this model and how does the price look to you?

TIA.

/ Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872 #2  
The price seems high.

I have one of these: https://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5460939

It was around $1750 ten years ago :laughing: It has taken a beating, so unless the quality has declined, I could recommend Woods. There used to be three grades of Woods Brush Bull mowers: standard, heavy duty, super heavy duty. Mine is the heavy duty model of that time.

/ Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872 #3  
I need something to cut around the perimeter of my two hay fields, down either side of the driveway and out along the road. The grade is mildly undulating with some steeper slopes here and there.

Got a price on a Land Pride RCR1872 yesterday. It's available on the lot, price $2400.

What was you experience with this model and how does the price look to you?

TIA.

LandPride is good stuff. Check here and see what kind of shipping quote you get:
2013 Land Pride RCR 1872 Rotary Cutters and Shredders | RUDOLPH BROTHERS IMPLEMENT, INC BOONVILLE, IN

/ Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872 #4  
   / Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872
Thanks....looks like i might do some more shopping around.

/ Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872 #6  
I needed/wanted a 6" brush cutter for my new tractor, but didn't want to pay $2K+ for something that really only gets used a handful of times each year (also have a 5'), so I went to the local farm auction, and bought a Rhino brand 6' with slip clutch, in good shape (faded paint, but not all beat up), for $500. It's either a medium, or heavy duty model, and should last me for years.

/ Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872 #7  
Can' remember what I paid for mine but I think it was less than your quote. Mine is slip-clutch equipped, was briefly used by someone who found it was too big for his tractor, so I did get an extra discount plus the dealer threw in a new set of blades. It can take a tremendous beating. I thought it would be only grass and weeds but it has ended up being in brush up to 3 inches in diameter, has bounced across rocks that I swear weren't there, and has also been used for shredding corn stalks, etc. I had looked over a lot of cutters at auctions over a couple years before buying. I couldn't believe how much people were willing to bid on cutters that looked like they would need 10 pounds of welding rod before going to the field.

/ Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872 #8  
Can' remember what I paid for mine but I think it was less than your quote. Mine is slip-clutch equipped, was briefly used by someone who found it was too big for his tractor, so I did get an extra discount plus the dealer threw in a new set of blades. It can take a tremendous beating. I thought it would be only grass and weeds but it has ended up being in brush up to 3 inches in diameter, has bounced across rocks that I swear weren't there, and has also been used for shredding corn stalks, etc. I had looked over a lot of cutters at auctions over a couple years before buying. I couldn't believe how much people were willing to bid on cutters that looked like they would need 10 pounds of welding rod before going to the field.

It's funny how having a bush hog on the tractor just makes a feller want to whack something down. :laughing:

/ Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872 #9  
that price is high... my local dealer has the RCR 2672 for $2600 and its rated for 3" stuff.

/ Price Check on a Land Pride RCR1872 #10  
I purchased mine for $2,100 fall of last year.

I don't cut thick stuff with it. Mainly pasture grass every other month during spring, summer, and fall. Probably about 2 or 3 foot high. Roadside also. I have cut saplings with it less than 2 inches. No problems with those.