Buying Advice Kubota F3060

/ Kubota F3060 #1  

trevelynzx

Tractor
Bobcat T300
Hey guys, first post here although I've been stalking for months gathering advice on my Bobcat T300. Anyway, looking to buy a mower to mow about 4 acres as quickly as possible while finishing with a decent appearance. Right now most of the acreage is rough but I'm using the T300 to clean up & grade, so it will eventually be mostly grassy field.

I found someone selling a 1996 Kubota F3060 in my area for $3300. It's got 2200 hours, 72" deck (rear discharge), 4wd, hydraulic deck lift, etc. So far I've gotten a good feeling for this machine based on what I've read. My questions are:

1) Is this a good deal?
2) Is this a good machine (the model itself, not necessarily this exact one!)
3) Though 85% of its time will be spent cutting grass, it would be nice to have options - what attachments can go on this? I saw someone had put a ball hitch on theirs, that would be great. Can a grass collector be installed? Soil tiller?
4) Are parts still easy to find for this machine?

Thanks in advance, glad to be here.

/ Kubota F3060
Disregard, the tractor was sold this evening.

/ Kubota F3060 #3  
Guess that wasn't meant to be ! Welcome and keep looking !

/ Kubota F3060 #4  
Welcome to TBN.

I think that style is the best machine for mowing. There are several brands that look similar, I don't know who made the first one, but there have been several copycats. TORO still makes the Groundsmaster style from 40 years ago.

Here is a recent thread on a Kubota: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-lawn-garden/278809-kubota-f-series.html

Do a search on eBay for Front Mower, to see what is available.

This is the first one that I got off eBay, a 1993 325D, 6' deck.
P5311710.JPG P5311711.JPG P5311712.JPG P5311713.JPG

/ Kubota F3060
Hey fellas, thanks for the replies. Still pretty bummed about the F3060 but I'm sure something will turn up. In the meantime, trying to mow over two acres with a push mower has thrown my into the arms of several dealers in the area. I was sweet-talked into testing out a Ferris IS 3100 and boy was that a smooth ride. $10,5. Not real comfortable with a Briggs engine though ("Big Bore" or something?). I've also got my eye on a 2012 Kubota ZD326 with a 60" deck. Dealer's asking $11,8 and I think this is the one I'm going for. After reading through the thread XFaxman linked me to it sounds like the 4wd F3060 would have been better for hilly areas, but all my land is flat, so I am thinking the ZD326 would be just fine. And I'm highly partial to diesel anyway, so to me that wins out over the slick suspension on the Ferris.

Do you guys have experience with the ZD326? Think $11,8 is a fair price? Also - am I right to prefer the diesel engine over the smooth suspension/ Briggs Ferris?

/ Kubota F3060 #6  
You will love the Kubota ! I got the ZD221 48" because my lawn is too rough for a bigger deck. Traded a Skag with a Briggs. No problems with it , but had to have the diesel ! That seems like a good price too !

/ Kubota F3060
Great, thanks groundcover! I'll let you know how it goes... going to give it a test ride tomorrow.

/ Kubota F3060
Ah man, four days later and I've got myself a brand new ZD326. Already mowed three lawns and I am in LOVE. So glad I opted for the diesel engine. This thing is BLAZING fast and purrs like a kitten. Thanks for all the replies, this forum is awesome.