Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #1  

chemteck29

Silver Member
Tractor
Husqvarna GTH27V48LS
Hi all, I currently own a Husqvarna GTH27V48LS, but I'm now looking for a Sub Compact or small Compact tractor for clearing and maintaining my property. I'm here for a little research on the subject, so any suggestions are encouraged and appreciated. Thanks Chemteck!

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor
I'm trying to pick a color, that's why I'm here! Looking at Mahindra Max, J.D., Kubota, in no particular order and I also have Case and Bobcat dealers nearby. I guess I'm kinda lucky in that respect, I have a lot of dealer choices real close with the farthest being only 34 miles away and the rest within 5-10 miles of my place. Ooops, left out Massey Ferguson unintentionally! They are about 20 miles away and I just realized the were there the other day.

Last edited:
   / Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #4  
I picked mine because of dealer attitude and freindlyness. JD that is the closest was not helpful, kubota was top notch for me. Plus the kubota was a better value for the money in subcompact. you get more for less and its a robust machine. I currently have a BX and love it. it does everything I ask of it, and more.

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #5  
:welcome:

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #6  
Two of my friends own Kubota and it is wonderful as per their experience.

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #7  
Any of the major manufacturers make quality tractors. I bought my Kubota because it was what I needed, the Dealer was excellent and had a great parts department, the price was good, and our tractor has always met my needs and has never let me down. BTW, welcome aboard. Best wishes.

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #8  
:welcome: from Oklahoma and I think Kubota Orange is the best.

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #9  
All are good machines. Go sit on all of them, test drive, and see what dealer(s) you are comfortable with. The Bobcats have been discontinued so I would shy away from that unless you get a deal and/or don't mind a bit of hunting for parts (same tractor as Kioti) when needed. Most people feel more comfortable on a certain brand or 2 and buy accordingly.

/ Newby from NY looking for a sub compact tractor #10  
You might also try Kioti. LS, and TYM - all of them have dealers within 30 miles or so of you, and make good tractors as well. Only your pocketbook will notice the difference.