Buying Advice JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what?

/ JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what? #1  

HUCKthe1

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2032
I need a little help in deciding what my next tractor is going to be. I am looking at the following and both are priced within several hundred dollars of each other.

John Deere 2032 w/ 62 MMM, H130 FEL
New Holland Boomer 30 w/ 66熱MM(266), 240TLA

The main work for my tractor is mowing three acres in the summer(a lot of tight turns around the house and trees) and snow blowing with a 60 blower in the winter when needed. I use a FEL and BB for digging and moving dirt around the property and home yard work. We have a small garden that I plow and disc but am planning on getting a tiller. I Bush Hog another 2 acres but only do this a few times a year.

I own a NH TC26DA now and have had good luck with it, but thought I better look around before just buying another NH. I really like the JD EZ MMM. My 914A is a pain to put on. The JD is lighter than the NH and that has pluses and minuses. I mow close to 3 acres and do not want ruts in the yard but the extra weight also helps the NH when it comes to digging and moving dirt. The JD comes standard with rear hydraulics where NH will cost me an extra $1k. I also wonder which one will be better on fuel. This is not a deal breaker but still adds to operating cost.

The Kubota dealer is the closes to my house, but I have not looked with them yet. I am not putting them down but my neighbor has had his shares of trouble with his and my wife used his tractor for mowing and said it was terrible for ride and the job it did. I am looking for a 29-30HP tractor and am open to what ever is out there. I have had a good relation with my NH dealer and the JD dealer is very reputable and seems reliable. Resale is a concern but I feel most tractors of this size are just like the purchase price and resale will be close in 7-10 years when I am ready to trade again.

One last concern I have is if I should trade in my TC26 in or try to sell it outright. The issue with selling outright is finding the right person and time to find a purchaser. I cant have it sit for a year trying to sell and not willing to take a huge lost to sell faster if I sell instead of trade.

Any advice is appreciated and any owner experience痴 is also respected.

/ JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what? #2  
I looked at this for a bit before posting and think I would keep what you have. The Boomer 30 will weigh twice what your existing tractor does and I would be uncomfortable with that given mowing is a priority of yours. Your TC26 should work fine with a 48" tiller and that would eliminate most of the traction issues you would have either in the garden or loosening up material to move around your place. Just a thought but you may wan't to consider buying some attachments instead such as a good core aerator, rakes and the like.

/ JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what? #3  
It sounds like you have green fever.

/ JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what? #4  
It sounds like you have green fever.

He might at that. If he does go bigger I would go with the 2032R because it is alot lighter. I WAS trying to restrain my self though.:laughing:

/ JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what? #5  
If you decide the Boomer 30 is the way to go, I'd go a cost comparison on an LS S3010 (same machine). In most cases they charge less for the LS, and it comes with more standard features...although I don't think rear remotes are standard on the 3010 like some of the bigger machines. At least some NH dealers have agreed to do warranty work so long as it was approved by LS.

If you can sell your TC, you'll probably get more for it than trading it in, but your point about the potential for a delay certainly has to factor in. Of course, the rule is you really need at least two tractors....how else will you pull yourself out when you get one of them stuck? :D

/ JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what?
Still debating.

I went and checked out the John Deere yesterday. They do not have any 2032's yet but I was able to checkout the EZ mount FEL and MMM. That right there almost has me sold. I still wonder though how that EZ connect will work after a few years. Yes I do have the green fever but worried because of the troubles my neighbor had with his smaller JD. He said it did not have the weight to use his loader work.

I have thought about keeping my tractor. It is a good machine but I have a few things on a want list that have me decided on getting a new tractor. One on the list is the spring loaded seat. My TC26 is great for mowing the yard but kills me in field work. It has to be easy to mount and dismount the tractor. My wife has a hard time getting on and off and needs to be easier than what I have. Thought about just ditching my MMM and buying a zero turn. The MMM hookup is my big complaint. I also thought of changing my turf tires for industrials but that brings me to the cost of a new tractor.

Going by the Kubota dealer this week. The LS dealer near me does not have any tractors. he can order them but has none on his lot. Kind of scares me for that. I also want to go visit the Kioti dealer.

I just want to make sure what I buy this time will be what I can live with no regrets but I am sure in a year there will be another upgraded unit I will want.

/ JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what? #7  
I prefer a separate tractor for mowing and lawn maintenance, no need for a fel, heavy weights or other cumbersome add on's. For my own property I use an x749 with 3ph, mmm, MC519 cart and a few attachments. The larger compacts are more for outside work and used in my business, once you get the major work done there isn't much need for the larger tractors on a lawn area.

Might be a good idea to think about what is an ideal mower for your situation as that seems to be the larger task you have. Could be that a zero turn and a simple tractor without mmm would be a better fit. In my case I prefer the x749 to a zero turn because I can do everything I need to maintain my lawn with it.

/ JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what?
I thought I would give an update.

I looked at many tractors and got my selection down to a Kubota 2920 and John Deere 2032R. It was a hard decision but i went with the JD 2032R.

It should be delivered next week and of course I will be taking photos to post on here. I already have some dirt work lined up for her.

My decision like I said was a tough one. I loved the 3 speed Hydro on the Kubota but the easy mount FEL and MMM were the selling points and the JD dealer gave me $1800 more for my trade. There were many plusses and minuses for each. I went back to my Kubota dealer but he could not come up even a third on my trade. My JD salesman threw in rear hydraulics and got me $1500 in rebates. Kind of settled the deal even though it is a more expensive tractor.

Thanks for the support.

/ JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what? #9  
Hope this works out well for you and will be waiting for the pics and your experience with the new tractor.

/ JD 2032, NH Boomer 30 or what? #10  
Enjoy you new tractor.