Looking at new tractors need feed back

/ Looking at new tractors need feed back #1  

Docwho

Tractor
New Holland/TC40
Hello

I am looking at replacing my 2003 TC40.
I have looked at both the Mahindra and Kioti. Still need to go look at the New Holand and Kubota.
Mahindra 4035 PST
Kioti DK40SE

Please give me postive and negative feed back on 40 hp models.

Thank You

/ Looking at new tractors need feed back #2  
The DK40 Kioti has TWICE the loader lift capacity of the L series 40 horse Kubota.....for alot less money.

The kubotas are purdy though.

/ Looking at new tractors need feed back #3  
Actually, the loaders on the 40 hp and larger Grand L Kubota's are very comparable to those for the DK40 and up. Here's the difference:

Full Height Weight of loader
lift cap at pins + bucket
Kioti KL401 2761 lb 1284 lb
Kubota LA854 2489 1622

Sources:
KL401 Front End Loader | Kioti Tractors
Products: LA854 Kubota Canada Ltd.

The Kioti lifts 272 lb more but the loader frame and bucket are 338 lb lighter than the Kubota. Take your pick... more lift capacity or heavier built loader. Fine tractors either way.

/ Looking at new tractors need feed back #4  
What 40 horse Kubota were you considering, a L4240, L3940, or the L4600? You may want to look at a Kubota MX5100 also. The Kubota Grand L has HST+ which gives you 2 speeds in each in range, stall guard, and you can adjust the responsiveness of the hydro. You also have a Auto throttle advance which links the throttle to the hydro.

Actually, the loaders on the 40 hp and larger Grand L Kubota's are very comparable to those for the DK40 and up. Here's the difference:

Kubota LA854 2489 1622

Sources:

The Kioti lifts 272 lb more but the loader frame and bucket are 338 lb lighter than the Kubota. Take your pick... more lift capacity or heavier built loader. Fine tractors either way.

The Kubota has more breakout force too.

/ Looking at new tractors need feed back #5  
Love my 4240, wouldn't trade it for any other brand (I'm sure all fine tractors). Two days ago I dragged a F350 loaded with firewood up a muddy hill. The neighbor has a MX5000 (back at his house) and even he couldn't believe how strong it pulled. He thought for sure I'd have to get the dozer. Even with one side in the ditch it still pulled him to level ground. The HST+ worked awesome for this as when I got really good traction I was able to "shift" down to get more power without having to stop. When it started getting slippery I was shifting back up to get a little wheel spin to dig down a little deeper.

/ Looking at new tractors need feed back #6  
Which New Holland are you going to look at? If it's the Boomer line, you may consider looking at the LS instead. They're the same machine, the LS will cost a lot less in most cases, and the loader NH puts on them is quite a bit weaker. When I bought my LS, the local NH dealer quoted me a price that was $8,500 more for the same setup....crazy.

/ Looking at new tractors need feed back #7  

Kubota LA854 2489 1622

Sources:

I've been looking at the DK40 HST Cab.(41hp)

I went down to kubota and looked at a Grand L3940 cab, (40.5hp), that machine takes the 724 loader...Specs are here Products: LA724 Kubota Canada Ltd.

Lift capacity to full height
Kioti KL401 2761 lb /weighs 1284 lb
Kubota LA724 1865 lb / weighs 1168 lb

I guess the difference wasn't twice..but about 900lbs

You have to go to the next model kabota L4240 (44HP) to get the 824 loader.

The kubotas are beautiful but out of my price range.

/ Looking at new tractors need feed back #8  
I bought a DK 40 and am very Impressed with it. It has lots of bells and such like pushbutton PTO and cruise and even the 4 wheel drive. Best of all no jerky hitch like the kabota L series.

/ Looking at new tractors need feed back
So far I have looked at the Kioti and Mahindra
I am looking at 40 hp tractors equiped with R4s, Fel, toothbar, loaded tires, must have quick attach bucket, and a sub frame mount to accomidate my b80x backhoe that I will not trade!
So far pro's and con's I have found
DK40 Pro's like the lift capacity, tractor is a 4 cylinder, seeems to handle ok, the capabilty to move the 3 point from the back of the tractor when hooking up equipment.
Cons, Seat belt seems close as I am a big guy.
Quote 22,500 for the base tractor.

4035 Platform seems to be little more open. handles well, set up very similar to my TC40. Really like the power shuttle shift.
Con's 3 cylinder engine, much louder than the 4 cylinder
Quote 24,500 for the base tractor.

/ Looking at new tractors need feed back #10  
Nothing runs like a Deere when being chased by a Kioti lol :drink: I like that Murph