Help! 2001 Kabota M4900SD-F

/ Help! 2001 Kabota M4900SD-F #1  

Jakie

Tractor
2001 Kubota/M4900 DT
I just found this web site and the message board. What a great site. I need help. New tractor guy, thinking of purchasing a 2001 M4900SD-F, 4 whl drive, front loader with 287 3pt 7' bush hog shreader. Has 1 yr power train warranty left. Local dealer asking $19,500. Does this seem in ball park. Any experience with this model as to problems to expect and is the 49 horse good to go, underpowered? Thanks

/ Help! 2001 Kabota M4900SD-F #2  
Kubota

How many hours? It must be 1 year old since the warranty on the drive system is 2 years if I recall correctly. 200 to 300 hundred would be a typical number of hours for a moderately used tractor one year old. Check tractorsmart.com or another dealer like Carvers for the retail price. You will also find some great info about the tractors and options available.

/ Help! 2001 Kabota M4900SD-F #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kabota )</font>

Now Mark... isn't that the Chinese clone of Kubota...? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

...If so... it should be a lot cheaper... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Help! 2001 Kabota M4900SD-F #4  
The M series are among the larger Kubota tractors - 49 HP is pretty strong for a CUT. With the loader and rotary cutter the price isn't bad, but you do want to check out the number of hours.

I guess the big question is what you're planning to use it for. If you're mowing just a few acres that may be a bigger tractor than you need. If you've got a fair amount of property it might be too small, but without knowing it is hard to say.

/ Help! 2001 Kabota M4900SD-F #5  
GLAD U FOUND THE FORUM! AND THE PRICE U QUOTED SEEMS OK. but u don't tell us your needs and acreage? may be too much tractor or not enough. need to fill out your bio a little, gives the guys AND gals a better idea of your needs.
WELCOME ABOARD

/ Help! 2001 Kabota M4900SD-F #6  
Welcome Jakie,

I've got a 2001 M4900 but mine is 2wd. I have been extremely pleased with this tractor. It has plenty of power for mowing (I use a 6' cutter), plowing, box blade work,etc.

I can't help you on the price but that sounds about right if the hours are reasonable. I gave $16000. for mine without a fel.

Good Luck!

TBone

/ Help! 2001 Kabota M4900SD-F
Re: Help! 2001 Kubota M4900SD-F OOPs on Spelling

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just found this web site and the message board. What a great site. I need help. New tractor guy, thinking of purchasing a 2001 M4900SD-F, 4 whl drive, front loader with 287 3pt 7' bush hog shreader. Has 1 yr power train warranty left. Local dealer asking $19,500. Does this seem in ball park. Any experience with this model as to problems to expect and is the 49 horse good to go, underpowered? I have 65 acres of grass for a small cow/calf operation. Will be doing mostly mowing and some dirt/drainage work, minimal plowing. Picking up a few 6 x 5 round bails, etc. Thanks )</font>

Hey thanks for the reply. It has 150hrs. Be using it on 65 acres and a small cow calf operation. Few 6 x 5 round bails and mostly mowing and some plowing. Great site.

Opps, not so good a spelling or computering. Thanks for the feed back. It has 150 hrs and I'll be using it on 65 acres in S. Texas cow/calf, weekend work place. Great forum?

New to the use of forums. I'll try to find the bio section and fill it out. Not good a spelling chinese tractor. I will be using it on 65 acres in a small cow calf operation. Mostly mowing and round bales. Great idea this forum. Sure glad I found this site.