Buying Advice Tractor mfg backhoe vs. after market backhoe for new tractor purchase?

/ Tractor mfg backhoe vs. after market backhoe for new tractor purchase? #1  

Wile E Kioti

Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST TLB
I am getting ready to purchase either a Kioti CK30 HST or Mahindra 3016 HST CUT with loader and backhoe and am seeking input for whether I should go with the manufacturer's recommended backhoe or an after market version like the Woods BH70-X. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

/ Tractor mfg backhoe vs. after market backhoe for new tractor purchase? #2  
I had a CK25 and the KB2475 and had no problems with either. (other than the 25 was a little small for the 6' pull type snowblower) I was amazed at the digging capability of the hoe. Never used any other but would have no problem recommending the 2475.

When I upgraded to the DK40, I traded for the 2485 and its even stronger!

Just as an aside, the dealer allowed me what I paid for the 2475 hoe, except for $500 after 3 years.

Hope that helps, good luck.

/ Tractor mfg backhoe vs. after market backhoe for new tractor purchase?
Thanks Rick, I appreciate the feedback.

/ Tractor mfg backhoe vs. after market backhoe for new tractor purchase? #4  
Good point! :duh:

/ Tractor mfg backhoe vs. after market backhoe for new tractor purchase? #6  
If you go with a aftermarket you could change it to another tractor more easily by buying a different subframe.

/ Tractor mfg backhoe vs. after market backhoe for new tractor purchase? #7  
I'd personally go aftermarket. My order of preference would be Bradco, followed by Woods for a backhoe. Also keep in mind that just about every compact tractor manufacturer has another implement maker like Woods, etc, manufacture their compact tractor backhoe attachments. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a backhoe attachment that is not branded the same as the tractor that it will be attached to.

/ Tractor mfg backhoe vs. after market backhoe for new tractor purchase? #8  
I looked at buying a Woods bh90 for my DK50SE. Specs look great on paper. 3 things led me to the 2485: No Woods dealer close, 1 dealer to deal with for any issues, price. The Kioti was almost 2k cheaper than the Woods. While I am not totally impressed with the performance of the Kioti, I might not have been with the Woods either as there is only so much a backhoe can do strapped to the back of a 5000# tractor.

Thanks to all for the feedback. A followup question- what are the chances if something goes wrong with the tractor that the tractor mfg could deny covering it under warranty, claiming that the after market BH caused the issue?

/ Tractor mfg backhoe vs. after market backhoe for new tractor purchase? #10  
Thanks to all for the feedback. A followup question- what are the chances if something goes wrong with the tractor that the tractor mfg could deny covering it under warranty, claiming that the after market BH caused the issue?

I cant imagine, but anything is possible. I guess it would depend on what damage actually happens.