In the process of buying a new 4710

/ In the process of buying a new 4710 #1  

rockfj

Tractor
John Deere/4710/345/X749
Need Help. I'm struggling to configure the necessary hydraulics for a new JD4710 with TNT. I'm planning on getting the option for two Mids and one rear. Is three SCV's enough? I'm getting conflicting data from different dealers. Specifically, one says I need to have a fausse valve in order to use the tnt. The 4710 will have Power and Beyond for the 48 Hoe.

Thanks,

/ In the process of buying a new 4710 #2  
rockfj,

I could be wrong but here is my understanding of it. Someone with a 4710 could tell you better. The answer to your question depends on if you are getting a loader, which you did not mention.

Assuming a loader:
* Dual Mid Selective Control Valve (LVB25088) would be used for the FEL
* Electric Diverter for Third and Fourth or Fourth and Fifth Selective Control Valve Kit (LVB25091) would be used for your Top and Tilt

My understanding is that you have a button/switch on your loader control joystick. When you press this switch, the movement of your loader joystick will control your T&T instead of your loader. In another words, it diverts the hydraulics from the Loader to the T&T.

Assuming no loader:
* Dual Mid Selective Control Valve would be used for the T&T

They also have a Third Selective Control Valve Kit (LVB25089), which you will need if you have a MMM or any other hydraulics on your implements (i.e., hydraulic angling on a rear blade) beyond the T&T.

Here is some information on it from the JD website.
SCV Information

/ In the process of buying a new 4710
Thank you for the reply.
Your assumption is correct, I am ordering the 4710 with a 73" HD bucket. I started out specifying a 4 in 1 bucket with both the TNT and Draft Sensing option. The hydraulic layout started to get very complicated per the dealer. Everything I've read in this discussion group seems to point to the majority being very Pro on the TNT and a 4 in 1 bucket. Based on the dealers input I'm rethinking my option list, however, I would like to understand for myself what is possible and what is not.

Thanks for your help.

/ In the process of buying a new 4710 #4  
Is your dealer setting you up with both TNT and draft sensing? According to the Deere info - those two options are (or were) mutually incompatible. Let us know if it works out.

Tim

Yes, My dealer was. Hence the reason for wanting to confirm the configuration myself. I too read the Deere info that said the two were incompatible.
Per the JD site, I believe I need to have the "Dual Mids and 3rd SCV" option as well as the Elec. Diverter Valve plus a 4th SCV in order to have TNT with a FEL. I'm also adding the 48 Hoe so they are adding the Power Beyond Kit as well.

Thanks for your reply and any other suggestions you may have.

/ In the process of buying a new 4710 #6  
I'd get four total scv's. Two in front and two in the rear. When you're spending that much a few more hundred to make sure you can operate whatever you want isn't much. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ In the process of buying a new 4710 #7  
Doesn't a 4-in-1 bucket have an additional hydraulic control for opening and closing the jaw? If so, you will need a total of 5 SCVs plus Power Beyond.

Your Dual Mid SCV will be for your loader, your third SCV will be for your 4-in-1 open/close, your 4th/5th Electric Diverter SCV will be for your T&T cylinders and the Power Beyond will be for your backhoe, etc.

That is a total of 5 SCVs and 1 Power Beyond. From the literature, I thought 5 SCVs+Power Beyon was the maximum on a 4710. Does Draft Control require a SCV or Power Beyond?

Power Beyond Info

Thanks for the great reply.

You are right on with your information. I have since found out through my posting that the Draft Sensing Kit was incompatible with the TNT.
I've changed my configuration to delete the Draft Sensing Kit and have added the Electronic Diverter Valve to support the TNT.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I like your thought process. I will be ording the extra SCV for future use. In fact I've decided on the following Hydraulic configuration.

Dual Mids and 3rd SCV plus the Electronic Diverter for the 4th and 5th SCV.This is a one time purchase for me and I've always believed in planning for the future even though I must admit I'm not sure what I would ever need a 5th SCV for.

Thanks again for your help.

/ In the process of buying a new 4710 #10  
There are plenty of uses. Some of these may not apply if you live in the south but here are a few so you can justify it to your wife and friends. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MMM - Raise/Lower Control
Wing Mower - Raise/Lower Control
Rear Blade - Angle Control
Box Blade - Raise/Lower Scarifiers
Disc Mower - Raise/Lower Control
Landscape Rake - Offset Control or Level Control
Powered Rake - Angle Control
Rotary Cutter - Offset Control
FEL Post Hole Auger
FEL Snow Plow - Angle Control
Rear Snowblower - Chute Control

If anything, 5 may not be enough! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif